2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

No it’s not. Tyrone are average, maybe even shit.
Armagh will pose them a physical problem alright but don’t hve anywhere near the same firepower.
Derry/Down are simply not in Donegal’s class. No contests.
Monaghan would be tough but again lack the balance and class up front compared to Donegal.

Were they to lose to Armagh or Monaghan I don’t think they’d fear the qualifiers at all. New manager would relish games and find his preferred balance in selection.

Yet again I think both Kerry and Dublin are over rated. Gooch may well get back to form but I believe he is struggling. Most Kerry people in or around the game/team say Walsh is also struggling to get back to it. Both perfectly natural things to be happening of course. I think Kerry’s strength actually lies in te midfield foundation they have built and the rediscovery of form and confidence of David Moran. They still have huge defensive issues. They actually have a few serious defenders and a beast of a full back coming down the track but still probably a year or two away from making team/squad.

Think it’s a good year for Donegal or Mayo as Dublin will always be vulnerable after Leinster.

Armagh will be hard bet.

Donegal will have to peak five times before a potential All-Ireland semi-final if they go though the front door. That that’s a cunt of a route is so obvious that it barely merits stating. I imagine they’ll be tripped up somewhere along the line before an All-Ireland semi-final, that’s not to say they won’t reach one via another route though.

I’d be doubtful about how effective their blanket defence will be this year given how easily Cork cut through them in the League semi-final and the impact of McGuinness’s absence and Colm McFadden’s decline are other, yet to be determined factors.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1142087, member: 183”]Donegal will have to peak five times before a potential All-Ireland semi-final if they go though the front door. That that’s a cunt of a route is so obvious that it barely merits stating. I imagine they’ll be tripped up somewhere along the line before an All-Ireland semi-final, that’s not to say they won’t reach one via another route though.

I’d be doubtful about how effective their blanket defence will be this year given how easily Cork cut through them in the League semi-final and the impact of McGuinness’s absence and Colm McFadden’s decline are other, yet to be determined factors.[/QUOTE]

As Kev keeps reminding us, it’s an amateur sport- for Donegal to go 5 unbeaten, especially against Ulster teams, will be very, very tough.

Level in the minor at HT.

Would fancy the winner of this to go and take Ulster and strongly contend for an AI. As there is no backdoor in Ulster it means that one of the main contenders is gone for the AI in mid May.

Have a hunch Mayo and Donegal will struggle this year. Four years in a row in both cases competing right to the business end of the championship. Not much in either case by way of new blood, one or two retirees and a few key men (McFadden in particular as has been noted) getting on.

The Ulster draw is lopsided. Cavan v Monaghan is always a toss up. With home advantage in that local derby, its a big chance for Cavan to have a run and maybe even win Ulster.

I’ll go with Galway to overturn Mayo and then win out in Connacht.

Kerry to win Munster

Dublin to win Leinster and the All Ireland.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1142087, member: 183”]Donegal will have to peak five times before a potential All-Ireland semi-final if they go though the front door. That that’s a cunt of a route is so obvious that it barely merits stating. I imagine they’ll be tripped up somewhere along the line before an All-Ireland semi-final, that’s not to say they won’t reach one via another route though.

I’d be doubtful about how effective their blanket defence will be this year given how easily Cork cut through them in the League semi-final and the impact of McGuinness’s absence and Colm McFadden’s decline are other, yet to be determined factors.[/QUOTE]

Leo McLoone is a big loss for Donegal as well this year. It will be interesting who get the main man marking jobs, I would suspect Justy to pick up Murphy with McNamee on McBrearty, McNabb will probably take MacNiallais. I’ll be most interested to see who is tasked with Ryan McHugh.

Donegal :clap:

What’s up with McLoone, pal?

Goal for Galway, Damien Comer, they lead Leitrim 1-07 to 0-03

Leitrim hit back with three quick points, half time score Galway 1-07 Leitrim 0-06

Tyrone hanging in there …

Hype like a now Div one team been currently 3rd favorites for Connacht or 40/1 for Sam? In Jan the experts said Roscommon would struggle to stay up in div two.

Population is even less than 63,000 as Roscommon are not allowed to pick from one of their biggest towns Ballaghaderreen

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1141982, member: 2514”]
They beat Armagh in 2012 but that was a sorry Armagh outfit [/QUOTE]
Armagh were a Div one team in 2012 and were odds on to win that game.

Roscommon beat Sligo against the odds 5/1 that day as Sligo had beaten both Galway and Mayo that year and in 2012 Mayo won Connacht by beating Leitrim at home in the semi final and Sligo in the final.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142038, member: 2514”]

They were big favourites for the game with Armagh last year which I found completely absurd and wholly ignorant. They haven’t really beaten a top team at senior championship level in 8 years.[/QUOTE]
I doubt Roscommon were “big” favourites as Armagh had just beaten Tyrone away. If Roscommon were favourites it would be because they had were at home and had a big win over Cavan away and Roscommon were promoted to div 2 while Armagh relegated to div 3. You have poor understanding of the betting market if you think that was completely absurd and wholly ignorant.

Everyone talking really?

As i said in my first post Roscommon have been playing div 3/4 football for over a decade were div 4 in 2011 and only rose out of div 3 last year, few if any sides can take championship scalps or make much of impact from that low level base. In 2009 Roscommon lost by 20 points to average Mayo side that eventually lost to Meath in quarter final. Compared to Last year Roscommon lost to a good Mayo side that reached back to back All Ireland finals by just one point. So even in the defeat the improvement is there to be seen.

Christ, that’s a clamping.

@Tonymac is not to be messed with.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142112, member: 2514”]Level in the minor at HT.

Would fancy the winner of this to go and take Ulster and strongly contend for an AI. As there is no backdoor in Ulster it means that one of the main contenders is gone for the AI in mid May.[/QUOTE]
It’s the same for everyone you twit.
The best Cork Minor team in 10 years went out last Wednesday night.

[QUOTE=“Tonymac, post: 1142193, member: 2956”]Hype like a now Div one team been currently 3rd favorites for Connacht or 40/1 for Sam? In Jan the experts said Roscommon would struggle to stay up in div two.

Population is even less than 63,000 as Roscommon are not allowed to pick from one of their biggest towns Ballaghaderreen

Armagh were a Div one team in 2012 and were odds on to win that game.

Roscommon beat Sligo against the odds 5/1 that day as Sligo had beaten both Galway and Mayo that year and in 2012 Mayo won Connacht by beating Leitrim at home in the semi final and Sligo in the final.

I doubt Roscommon were “big” favourites as Armagh had just beaten Tyrone away. If Roscommon were favourites it would be because they had were at home and had a big win over Cavan away and Roscommon were promoted to div 2 while Armagh relegated to div 3. You have poor understanding of the betting market if you think that was completely absurd and wholly ignorant.

Everyone talking really?

As i said in my first post Roscommon have been playing div 3/4 football for over a decade were div 4 in 2011 and only rose out of div 3 last year, few if any sides can take championship scalps or make much of impact from that low level base. In 2009 Roscommon lost by 20 points to average Mayo side that eventually lost to Meath in quarter final. Compared to Last year Roscommon lost to a good Mayo side that reached back to back All Ireland finals by just one point. So even in the defeat the improvement is there to be seen.[/QUOTE]

No, as I clarified earlier, hype like a team who hasn’t had a noticeable championship scalp in at least 8 years being ranked as the 8th team for the All Ireland favourite. They may be playing in Div 1 next year but they are going straight back down and it could get very nasty for both them and Down there.

I do understand the betting market and a lot of it is funneled by hype and having lads buy into it, Roscommon were 8/11 to beat Armagh last year. I remember browsing the forum at the time and seeing Il Bomber Destro tip Armagh for this and give a very good explanation on his rationale - I made a fortune off it. Roscommon were being backed to beat Armagh with little basis ,as you said Armagh were after coming off an impressive win against Tyrone whereas have Roscommon beat a limited Cavan outfit who are another side who have been vastly overhyped in the past years.

How big is Ballaghderreen, does it have a population of about 10,000 or is it a small rural village? If you’re claiming a loss of about 1,000 or 2,000 then it’s risible and maybe an indicating factor on why Roscommon have done nothing credible in the last 8 years. Let’s judge the Armagh team they beat on their merits, in the 2011 season they were hammered by Derry in Ulster and taken to extra time by Wicklow. They were dumped out of Ulster in 2012 by Tyrone in their first game and then beat by Roscommon. In 2013 Armagh they were embarrassed by Cavan before an ordinary Galway outfit accounted for them in the qualifiers. In 2011-2013 they managed three Championship victories - one against Down, an extra time victory against Wicklow and a hammering of Leitrim - if you’re claiming them as a scalp then again I think it says a lot about Roscommon.

Roscommon beat Sligo in 2010 at 5/1, magnificent. Sligo beat Mayo and Galway that year, unreal. Now I really want to draw significant attention here, Mayo were knocked out of the 2010 All Ireland by Longford, Galway were knocked out by Wexford and Sligo ended up being on the wrong end of a 19 point drubbing by Down. If you consider that an achievement then you’re easily pleased. Sligo in effect had beaten Galway and Mayo sides who went to suffer embarrassing defeats before themsleves being knocked out by 19 points. So to add more weight to my earlier claim, the 2010 Connacht championship win by Roscommon was without doubt the softest provincial triumph in recent history.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1142326, member: 273”]It’s the same for everyone you twit.
The best Cork Minor team in 10 years went out last Wednesday night.[/QUOTE]

No it’s not, there is a back door system in operation in Munster and Leinster.

Not committing for this year.

@caoimhaoin

Care to explain to the forum how if you lose your fist game in the Munster Minor Championhsip you get a second shot at it? Ergo it’s no the same for everyone.

Only in first round.

As an aside. The Cork Minor panel got clapped off the field by the Kerry crowd last Wednesday night.
They we’re let down by their management who are nowhere near up to it (bar Dorgan the coach who is excellent) and there was some serious footballers left off. Conor Cahalane couldn’t make the squad yet stood out in 2 games I saw, one an A v B game.
For once though Kerry were the bigger more imposing team even though Cork had 2 or 3 monsters.