2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

Its all relative. Wicklow are the only county never to have won a Leinster Championship and have only ever been in one Leinster Final, 118 years ago, back in 1897. Success for Wicklow is measured differently than Dublin and Kerry.

Success for Wicklow is good performances and taking the scalp of a few teams that are more or less at their level. Going up to Navan and running Meath so close is a very credible performance for Wicklow. Wicklow have beaten Longford, Fermanagh, Cavan, Down, Carlow, Sligo, Waterford and Offaly in the championship in recent years. Armagh are operating at a slightly higher level than Wicklow, but its a game that’s eminently winnable for Wicklow if they produce a big performance.

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 1159690, member: 377”]Its all relative. Wicklow are the only county never to have won a Leinster Championship and have only ever been in one Leinster Final, 118 years ago, back in 1897. Success for Wicklow is measured differently than Dublin and Kerry.

Success for Wicklow is good performances and taking the scalp of a few teams that are more or less at their level. Going up to Navan and running Meath so close is a very credible performance for Wicklow. Wicklow have beaten Longford, Fermanagh, Cavan, Down, Carlow, Sligo, Waterford and Offaly in the championship in recent years. Armagh are operating at a slightly higher level than Wicklow, but its a game that’s eminently winnable for Wicklow if they produce a big performance.[/QUOTE]

Which is why the bookies have Armagh at 1/50.

Im expecting Kildare to put it to Dublin on Sunday. They have had an extra game and should be well ready for the Dubs. Dublin will still win but I expect it to be a lot tougher than it would have been if Kildare did not have a replay.

You really shouldn’t pay so much heed to bookies when it comes to GAA. Soccer types like Leon Blanche from Boyle Sports and his ilk.

Was it the bookies you were relying on in predicting Armagh to beat Donegal on Sunday and trying to convince us all that Armagh were a top tier team, who were genuine All Ireland contenders?

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 1159695, member: 377”]You really shouldn’t pay so much heed to bookies when it comes to GAA. Soccer types like Leon Blanche from Boyle Sports and his ilk.

Was it the bookies you were relying on in predicting Armagh to beat Donegal on Sunday and trying to convince us all that Armagh were a top tier team, who were genuine All Ireland contenders?[/QUOTE]

The bookies only respond to the market, so the general public clearly have a different view on matters to you.

Were you saying that Armagh were genuine Ulster/AI contenders, mate?

Yes.

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 1159690, member: 377”]Its all relative. Wicklow are the only county never to have won a Leinster Championship and have only ever been in one Leinster Final, 118 years ago, back in 1897. Success for Wicklow is measured differently than Dublin and Kerry.

Success for Wicklow is good performances and taking the scalp of a few teams that are more or less at their level. Going up to Navan and running Meath so close is a very credible performance for Wicklow. Wicklow have beaten Longford, Fermanagh, Cavan, Down, Carlow, Sligo, Waterford and Offaly in the championship in recent years. Armagh are operating at a slightly higher level than Wicklow, but its a game that’s eminently winnable for Wicklow if they produce a big performance.[/QUOTE]

sorry I thought you were suggesting Magee is leading some kind of revolution…

That must be awful embarrassing for you mate. I’m sure you’ll bounce back though.

They’re still in it.

which is why the bookies have Dublin at 1/25

The general public clearly have a different view on matters to you in relation to the credentials of this Armagh side.

I didn’t say Kildare will beat them, I just think it will be a lot closer because Kildare have had an extra match.

A big difference between 4/7 and 1/50. Maybe you’re not very good at maths.

This statement makes no sense. What are you trying to say here?

It makes perfect sense. The bookies alter their price to entice the public and limit risk.

Drew Wylie has done his cruciate

@Nembo Kid[/USER], [USER=48]@thedancingbaby - is there live BBC Northern Ireland coverage of Monaghan-Fermanagh on Sunday?

No.

FFS sake. I’ll have to go to the stick fighting in Kilkenny now instead.