2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

Go to Breffni, pal.

really looking forward to the mons-fermanagh game at the weekend

Huge loss.Probably our best player in the championship last year, along with Mone & McManus. Third Monaghan man to do his cruciate in the last 10 months. I’m sure Kev has already discussed the increasing number of cruciate injuries at IC level.

Shouldn’t matter a great deal on Sunday v Fermanagh, but after that we could be found out. Corey will most likely fill in at no.3, with Walshe and R Wylie either side.

On Sunday’s evidence, nobody in Ulster could live with Donegal.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1160185, member: 2812”]Huge loss.Probably our best player in the championship last year, along with Mone & McManus. Third Monaghan man to do his cruciate in the last 10 months. I’m sure Kev has already discussed the increasing number of cruciate injuries at IC level.

Shouldn’t matter a great deal on Sunday v Fermanagh, but after that we could be found out. Corey will most likely fill in at no.3, with Walshe and R Wylie either side.

On Sunday’s evidence, nobody in Ulster could live with Donegal.[/QUOTE]
ACL’s are decreasing. Sad though, excellent player.
The body shape of a lot of the ACL’s in GAA is telling IMO. Big players need different training (external to the football part).

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1160193, member: 273”]ACL’s are decreasing. Sad though, excellent player.
The body shape of a lot of the ACL’s in GAA is telling IMO. Big players need different training (external to the football part).[/QUOTE]
What do you mean would there be a higher proportion of stocky types doing it or what?

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1160185, member: 2812”]Huge loss.Probably our best player in the championship last year, along with Mone & McManus. Third Monaghan man to do his cruciate in the last 10 months. I’m sure Kev has already discussed the increasing number of cruciate injuries at IC level.

On Sunday’s evidence, nobody in Ulster could live with Donegal.[/QUOTE]

I thought he had a few off days last year, got a bad doing off O’Gara in Croke Park and didn’t have his best day out against Kildare the week before but scored a cracking point at the end, thought Campbell got a lot of joy out of him in the drawn game with Armagh as well. He also didn’t look great up against Argue the last day out but was carrying an injury into the game. It’s also interesting that O’Rourke always seems to get Corey to pick up Murphy when they meet Donegal. He’s a big loss though as he had made that no.3 jersey his own.

Corey’s probably our only back that could deal with the physicality of murphy. Hughes possibly but he has no interest in playing the spoiler. For all our defensive prowess, it relies a lot on the workrate of smaller men.

That and fucking lads into the advertising hoarding of course.

Will Fermanagh Dave be in attendance?

Ya, lots of talk in physio/sports medicine world about it. But muscle to bone weight is important. I can’t remember the exact ratio but I think 1:5 KG was about the max someone should be carrying.
Bigger players need to work a lot more on landing/balance etc.
are some of the GAA lads simply too muscular for their bone structure?
Major joint injuries for Wylie, Colm o Neill, Ciaran Sheehan, Ciaran Killkenny, Michael Fenneally etc.

So much training carrying around the frame could be responsible. Should Aidan o Se do the same running as Kevin mcgloughlin ? I don’t believe so.
I think that’s one of many issues.

Round 2A draw:
Fermanagh v Antrim
Offaly v Dub/Kildare losers
Clare v Longford
Cavan v Roscommon

What a reward for Antrim :see_no_evil:

Ridiculous that teams from the same province aren’t separated as long as possible.

Fermanagh - Antrim
Offaly - Kildare
Clare - Longford
Cavan - Roscommon

Kildare are the only side in that half of the draw with a realistic chance of a QF spot for me. Have a feeling Cavan’s game will fall apart in Croke Park if it gets there but they should have enough to get past Roscommon, they have a solid defensive structure and seem to be in reasonable form at the minute.

I expect the Antrim Fermanagh game to be close. Antrim will be buoyed by that victory and will welcome back a host of players who were unavailable for the Laois game. Fermanagh on the other hand could be missing a couple of key players through suspension, the first game was very close for the most part despite Antrim being down to 14 for most of the game.

Antrim had lads wearing old and new county jerseys on Saturday. Different sponsors on them and all.

1 Like

Socks will destroy Roscommon.

There was one irregular shirt, the number 23, who was replaced in 2nd iirc. But even at that, the jerseys used were last years design I believe. They were a ramshackle bunch which makes it even more embarrassing for Laois.

Is there any good reason for the A & B split in the qualifiers?

All it does is increase the likelihood of repeat pairings.

counties can fix dates for their own club games with the a and b games being played on fixed weekends

They don’t, but they can.

Cavan have only beaten Roscommon in one of their previous five championship meetings. Roscommon won in a canter by 11 points in Breffni Park last year.

Cavan have it all to do.

Yeah it’s comical really.

Most people are unaware of that, but those who know about probably don’t understand how it works.

Eamonn Carr fairly hammers it into Darragh O Shea here

Columnist condemns Ó Sé’s “poisonous advice”
25 June 2015

Kerry Under 21 manager Darragh O’Se. INPHO
A Dublin-based newspaper columnist has launched a blistering attack on Darragh Ó Sé after the former Kerry midfielder suggested that the best way to stop Diarmuid Connolly was through the use of provocation.

Admirers of the Dublin star are up in arms after Ó Sé stated that there was "something to be said for pulling his tail and seeing if he’ll hiss back at you.”

He added: “With a player as good as Connolly sometimes that’s all you have left. A bit of don’t-ask-don’t-tell stuff off the ball.”

The Kerryman’s ‘advice’ has provoked an angry response from Eamon Carr, who writes in The Herald today: “It’s not enough that Ó Sé regards Diarmuid Connolly as a ‘beautifully balanced player’, he’s urging players to take him out.

“The former Kerry midfielder would like it to become the accepted canon that skilful Dublin players are neutralised, one way or another. So that in case Kerry meet Dublin, Jim Gavin’s men will already be depleted or know they’ll be subjected to cynical off-the-ball harassment.

“Thanks to Ó Sé’s poisonous advice, Diarmuid Connolly might as well have a target painted on his back for every sniping bullyboy who’s let loose in a county shirt.

“Referees and officials are on hand to deal with unsporting behaviour on the pitch. But surely HQ must consider how best to spank errant pot-stirrers like Ó Sé, whose weasel words make a mockery of fair play.

“You can’t legislate for men talking in a pub where a language of excess is the domain of the drunk. But allowing a respected pundit a public platform to suggest targeting a player is not the kind of public image the GAA need. Especially when video footage of men in Waterford attacking each other with hurleys on a GAA pitch is going viral around the civilised world.

“This sort of appalling behaviour is only a knee in the coccyx or a dig in the kidneys away from the garbage Ó Sé vomits up as sporting commentary.

“It’s possible that they’ll love it in Kerry where a commodity called ‘cuteness’ is celebrated as a defining trait. But there’s a slim line between this type of smart-arse behaviour and a sly thing called ‘sleevenism’.

“He was a formidable footballer, but sadly, with his advice on how to shackle a player of notable ability, Ó Sé is becoming a caricature.”