2015 Ulster Senior Football Championship

Tyrone and Donegal face off in Ballybofey in little over 4 weeks.

Hard to look past Donegal for this one. Since 2011 the teams have met 6 times between League and Championship with Donegal winning 5 - Tyrone’s solitary victory being a 2013 league, also the only time they have managed to breach the 10 point mark against Donegal.

I don’t see much changing in this respect as this year’s league meeting was the widest margin of victory for Donegal to date in that period and Tyrone still look hapless in breaking them down.

Prediction: Donegal 1-11 Tyrone 0-10

Looking forward to seeing some open free flowing football in Ulster this year.

Ulster football is the GAA equivalent of Serie A, more tactical, more nuanced, tough and passionate. Sometimes also incorrectly labelled as boring because it is very much the thinking man’s game and would not be appreciated by those not sophisticated enough to understand.

It’s also the best and most competitive.

Donegal 0-07 Tyrone 0-05.

1-1 draw

[I]“One for the purists” proclaims McHugh

[/I]

Dour

Can’t wait for it to start. I think Monaghan will win Ulster this year. Donegal probably still the best team up there but to get through Tyrone, Armagh, Derry/Down and then likely Monaghan to win it out. I can’t have it. Monaghan have a soft path to the final. Cavan then Antrim/Fermanagh.

Does Ulster really merit it’s own thread?

Bomber would’ve loved this thread.

The dourness of some of the football aside, that is a ridiculous run of games for Donegal to get to a provincial final as outlined by @Tess Tickle

Monaghan had a great league all the more impressive when you consider they were without the likes of Lennon, Walshe, McGuinness and McCarron for the entirety of the league campaign campaign And they all look likely to be available for the Championship opener.

The way the draw has worked for Monaghan I think they have a great chance off an AI shot this year. I don’t think they will fear either Cork or Kerry who are the only team from that side of the draw alongside the other Ulster finalist who can stop them.

Wouldn’t be that surprised if Cavan rock them in the opener though.

I fancy Armagh for Ulster. Some cracking ties in store.

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1124943, member: 1537”]Bomber would’ve loved this thread.

The dourness of some of the football aside, that is a ridiculous run of games for Donegal to get to a provincial final as outlined by @Tess Tickle[/QUOTE]

Or Tyrone.

Yes. 100%.

Absolutely, as does each individual county in Ulster. Its THAT important.

Why so?

:rolleyes:
Because it’s box office.

Because it’s box office.[/QUOTE]

@Mac

See above.

cant wait for this, not a huge fan of the GGA but always make time to watch the ulster championshiop.

Its tough,skillful, competitive & tactical. Its box office

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1124961, member: 80”]cant wait for this, not a huge fan of the GGA but always make time to watch the ulster championshiop.

Its tough,skillful, competitive & tactical. Its box office[/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap:

Massive endorsement for the Ulster Championship.

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1124961, member: 80”]cant wait for this, not a huge fan of the GGA but always make time to watch the ulster championshiop.

Its tough,skillful, competitive & tactical. Its box office[/QUOTE]
Is it a competition you would have thrived in yourself?