2015 Ulster Senior Football Championship

Little over 4 days left now lads.

Who we tipping for it this year?

Think it will be Armagh. Derry are the biggest anomaly for me. If they get everyone fit and gain some momentum and unity then they are well capable of giving it a go. They still have a lengthy injury list but should have enough to get over Down and they could be ready to cause the shock of the championship in the semi final.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1139537, member: 2514”]Little over 4 days left now lads.

Think it will be Armagh. Derry are the biggest anomaly for me. If they get everyone fit and gain some momentum and unity then they are well capable of giving it a go. They still have a lengthy injury list but should have enough to get over Down and they could be ready to cause the shock of the championship in the semi final.[/QUOTE]

I’d say football will be the real winner. Lots of free-flowing, high scoring games. A high amount of ‘off the cuff’ skills on show. Players will let the ball do most of the work through long accurate kick passes without an air of cynicism present in any of the games.

really looking forward to this,straight into a cracking game too.

cant see past Donegal but Armagh are looking good too

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1139537, member: 2514”]Little over 4 days left now lads.

Think it will be Armagh. Derry are the biggest anomaly for me. If they get everyone fit and gain some momentum and unity then they are well capable of giving it a go. They still have a lengthy injury list but should have enough to get over Down and they could be ready to cause the shock of the championship in the semi final.[/QUOTE]
Donegal once again look best equipped to come out on top. Don’t think Tyrone can kick enough points from distance to beat them. That’s often what it comes down to against them.
Serious banana skin for Monaghan in El Classico. If Cavan win they’ll fancy their chances. Scoring forwards are thin on the ground though.
Seriously lopsided draw. Another Donegal/Monaghan final is a short price. Armagh, best of the rest in the qualifiers.

Interesting interview with Jim McGuinness in The Irish Times today. @The Selfish Giant, throw up a link to it there please. Jim will be writing a weekly column in the paper throughout the championship too. I think Ulster is too hard to call but I might make a prediction before Sunday.

I’m becoming more and more confident and optimistic day by day of Tyrone’s chances. I think we are coming in well under the radar and that’s suits us, together with the U21 triumph I think we’ll carry a lot of belief with us.

just talking to a workmate who is from Omagh, he told me that Tyrone are flying in training and their whole year has been focussed on starting the championship with all guns blazing

make of that what you will

Newly appointed MP, Tom Elliott has turned down free tickets to the Fermanagh/Antrim blockbuster, not because it promises to be a turgid, lacklustre affair, devoid of any technical skills, and scores from open play, but for an altogether more jovial reason;

“The reality is people know this, that I don’t accept they should be flying the Irish tricolour and playing the national anthem of the Republic of Ireland in Northern Ireland. People know that and I have always said that.”

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=237262

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8fh5c7zgek

:smiley:

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1140812, member: 2514”]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8fh5c7zgek

:D[/QUOTE]
At least he’s consistent.

Tension unpalatable here.

Tyrone, you’re on your own.

Colm McFadden starts for Hugh McFadden.

Benny Coulter gone full hipster.

Looking forward to this game immensely. This really kicks off the championship season this year. Come on!!

You posting from Ballybofey @Nembo Kid?

Yes, great atmosphere here, shame about the weather though.

:rolleyes:

Rory Brennan and Cathal McShane in for McNulty and McCann. Would expect McShane in the midfield and Brennan to pick up Ryan McHugh who he marked in the u21 game.

“This game has the aura of the irresistible force versus the immovable object” according to Marty. Not sure which is which. :confused:

Sean Cavanagh at midfield.

Missing Morgan for the likes of those free.