2015 Ulster Senior Football Championship

Brendan Devenney giving the Tyrone Co Board both barrels

tyrone co boards response is a joke…

theres crap that goes on in every county, we just have to put up with it people say…well for me, not this time.the shit that young mick o carroll had to endure sickend me sunday and everyday since.mick grew up like me and like most young lads in our dads shadow,the strong man you look up to.francie o carroll rip represented gweedore and donegal with distinction.the shit that was thrown at his son needs to be addressed, not by naming the young lads involved but by the senior people around them getting to the bottom of their misguided actions and by addressing them. we all did stupid stuff when we were young, so they must get a pass, as long as they learn from this.there however is no pass for the actions of the tyrone co board and comments of senior tyrone men that have wrongly spoken on the subject.
in response to their comments and tyrone co boards statement i want to just put this issue to bed, the tyrone player has denied sayin it(and for the record there was two of them at it)…so what happend the captain of donegal minors who ended up in floods of tears and was distraught after a game his team had just won by 6pts made this up?? Declan bonner is a highly respected manager who has done everything in the game and given his life to the gaa, he came out in the paper in his own column and stated that he considerd walking away from the game after what went on…so what? this was done on a hunch, a maybe?? the column was written 3 days after the incident… so …let there be no question mark over what went on

the very least the tyrone statement should have read was that they are making enquires, and will take care of it in house with the group to sort this out and we apologise to the player in question for any hurt that was caused.sort it, move on…the lad deserved that as did all the good gaa people in tyrone.

i have been told that there was contact between the two co boards and when donegal co board sent through their version of the event that the tyrone co board e maild back and said sorry your 20min to late a statement is gone out regarding the issue already.

so here we are, our game was taken to an all time low for me and no one is standing up and doing the right thing, i pleaded with one of the minor managers in tyrone by txt yday to do the right thing…this has no place in sport, has nothing to do with the great competitive sportsmanship of the gaa that we all love, it has nothing to do with all the great people in tyrone and donegal that play and go to games

this has to do with morals and respect

[QUOTE=“Raylan, post: 1146535, member: 2891”]Brendan Devenney giving the Tyrone Co Board both barrels

tyrone co boards response is a joke…

theres crap that goes on in every county, we just have to put up with it people say…well for me, not this time.the shit that young mick o carroll had to endure sickend me sunday and everyday since.mick grew up like me and like most young lads in our dads shadow,the strong man you look up to.francie o carroll rip represented gweedore and donegal with distinction.the shit that was thrown at his son needs to be addressed, not by naming the young lads involved but by the senior people around them getting to the bottom of their misguided actions and by addressing them. we all did stupid stuff when we were young, so they must get a pass, as long as they learn from this.there however is no pass for the actions of the tyrone co board and comments of senior tyrone men that have wrongly spoken on the subject.
in response to their comments and tyrone co boards statement i want to just put this issue to bed, the tyrone player has denied sayin it(and for the record there was two of them at it)…so what happend the captain of donegal minors who ended up in floods of tears and was distraught after a game his team had just won by 6pts made this up?? Declan bonner is a highly respected manager who has done everything in the game and given his life to the gaa, he came out in the paper in his own column and stated that he considerd walking away from the game after what went on…so what? this was done on a hunch, a maybe?? the column was written 3 days after the incident… so …let there be no question mark over what went on

the very least the tyrone statement should have read was that they are making enquires, and will take care of it in house with the group to sort this out and we apologise to the player in question for any hurt that was caused.sort it, move on…the lad deserved that as did all the good gaa people in tyrone.

i have been told that there was contact between the two co boards and when donegal co board sent through their version of the event that the tyrone co board e maild back and said sorry your 20min to late a statement is gone out regarding the issue already.

so here we are, our game was taken to an all time low for me and no one is standing up and doing the right thing, i pleaded with one of the minor managers in tyrone by txt yday to do the right thing…this has no place in sport, has nothing to do with the great competitive sportsmanship of the gaa that we all love, it has nothing to do with all the great people in tyrone and donegal that play and go to games

this has to do with morals and respect[/QUOTE]

At the end of the day it comes down to a “their word against our word” type scenario, it’s an allegation that has been made by a Donegal player against two Tyrone players who have refuted it. Naturally enough, both sides are going to try and protect their own. I don’t see any logical reason why it would be made up but at the same time you’d have to be jumping to conclusions to say it’s watertight that it definitely happened. It really comes down to the players in question, they’ll know if they said what they are alleged to have had and if they did say it and deny it then that’s compounding the fact. I don’t see what the county board can do with regard to the matter if there is no evidence on display and the accused have said the allegations are false. You’d hope the lads in question would do the right thing if the allegation is true but if they don’t then I think there is not a lot the county board can do.

The Donegal player probably wants to move on, there’s no benefit to him at this stage staying involved in an investigation. As you say, there’s enough circumstantial evidence there to suggest something was said though

Very good article today by Keith Duggan on the IT. He is right , the ulster championship is a national treasure.

@Chucks Nwoko

How accurate are those Monaghan ages in the profiles.

They have Big Dick as 32, thought he’d be around 35/36. Also have McManus at 27, thought he’d be closer to 30 now.

Socks Dunne ommitted for Cavan. Who is this Shane Carey lad?

Very soft free against Wiley there.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1147304, member: 2514”]@Chucks Nwoko

How accurate are those Monaghan ages in the profiles.

They have Big Dick as 32, thought he’d be around 35/36. Also have McManus at 27, thought he’d be closer to 30 now.

Socks Dunne ommitted for Cavan. Who is this Shane Carey lad?[/QUOTE]

They seem to be a year on the short side.

Scotstown half forward. Hits a decent free. Only middlin’.

Argue causing Wiley problems.

Terribly glitchy off rte player here. Fuck that.

Paudie Hughes giving Cavan everything early on here.

McAnespie showing why Mickey Harte made several house visits to him as a 16 year old. :oops:

This has nearly all the ingredients of classic dour Ulster Championship fare, except rain. So turgid it’s rivetting.

Monaghan bizarrely trying to carry the ball through Cavan here early on. They’ve had ample shooting options they haven’t bothered using.

In cricket parlance, Breffni Park has a very quick outfield when playing with the wind.

Super score from McManus. :clap:

Young McAnespie has struggled.

Not a bad game this, just seems a bit half-blooded for an Ulster match

I’d get big Dick and Duffy on for Carey and McAnespie at HT.

Working perfect for me, not a problem

Cavan 0-09
Monaghan 0-07

Half time.