2015 Ulster Senior Football Championship

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1142529, member: 363”]Careful @Appendage, you don’t want the rastoolers out for your caps do you?
You seem to have induced the seethe in them.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been walking on egg shells around @Bandage for years. I’ll be alright.

Who asked for your opinion? You horrible cunt.

Yeah, but @Bandage is proper ra.
The stoolers are a different animal altogether. Stay safe pal.

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1142540, member: 363”]Yeah, but @Bandage is proper ra.
The stoolers are a different animal altogether. Stay safe pal.[/QUOTE]

Somebody need a safe house?

@Chucks Nwoko

Any word on the Monghan front ahead of Sunday? Heard Drew Wylie and Darren Hughes are very doubtful - they 'd be two big losses, Hughes moreso. I’d say it’s also unlikely that Colin Walshe will start either given he hasn’t had any county action yet this season.

I can see Cavan getting the better of the midfield battle, McKiernan is a terrific player as is Killian Clarke who could be deployed there as well. I don’t think they will bother putting Clarke back to mark McManus, I just see Cavan putting three players on him and try and completely nullify him from the game. Monaghan will need Kieran Hughes out in the middle of the field for this one, I think that’s where he is best anyway but he does offer a good foil for McManus inside. I still think Monaghan will have too much for them and would expect them to win.

Prediction: Monaghan 1-12 Cavan 0-09

I do think Cavan need the win more here, Monaghan have a brilliant chance of an AI semi or even final appearance this year and I don’t think a defeat in Ulster would hamper them given the poor quality of teams in the A side of the draw. I think it would be a disappointing year for Monaghan if they didn’t make an AI sf this year. I don’t think they should have any fear of Cork or Kerry, they have the best man marking defenders in the game but need to develop their game to take some of the burden off McManus. A fully fit Eoin Lennon could really give them an extra boost this year.

Cavan on the other hand really need to start doing something now, for all their underage success in recent times they haven’t achieved much and that’s mainly down to a lack of good quality players. Clarke and McKiernan are top quality players who would get their game for any county in the country but when you look away from them there’s not much there apart from a hardworking side who carry out a dismal game plan. Plenty of teams play the way Cavan do but what makes Cavan bad to watch is they lack quality, particularly up front. I don’t think they have a forward in their squad capable of making Donegal, Monaghan, Derry, Tyrone, Down or Armagh’s starting teams. It’s hard to see where they can get the scores from. I think this game means a lot for them, it’s a great draw for them and should they win then they will be in with a super shot of the final, they need to be doing something big now and an Ulster final appearance would be a great boost for them.

@Bandage, are you going to be in attendance?

@Nembo Kid, I might give it a miss as I really want to watch Celtic collecting the league trophy and Clare-Limerick but don’t rule me out entirely yet.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1144806, member: 2514”]@Chucks Nwoko

Any word on the Monghan front ahead of Sunday? Heard Drew Wylie and Darren Hughes are very doubtful - they 'd be two big losses, Hughes moreso. I’d say it’s also unlikely that Colin Walshe will start either given he hasn’t had any county action yet this season.

I can see Cavan getting the better of the midfield battle, McKiernan is a terrific player as is Killian Clarke who could be deployed there as well. I don’t think they will bother putting Clarke back to mark McManus, I just see Cavan putting three players on him and try and completely nullify him from the game. Monaghan will need Kieran Hughes out in the middle of the field for this one, I think that’s where he is best anyway but he does offer a good foil for McManus inside. I still think Monaghan will have too much for them and would expect them to win.

Prediction: Monaghan 1-12 Cavan 0-09

I do think Cavan need the win more here, Monaghan have a brilliant chance of an AI semi or even final appearance this year and I don’t think a defeat in Ulster would hamper them given the poor quality of teams in the A side of the draw. I think it would be a disappointing year for Monaghan if they didn’t make an AI sf this year. I don’t think they should have any fear of Cork or Kerry, they have the best man marking defenders in the game but need to develop their game to take some of the burden off McManus. A fully fit Eoin Lennon could really give them an extra boost this year.

Cavan on the other hand really need to start doing something now, for all their underage success in recent times they haven’t achieved much and that’s mainly down to a lack of good quality players. Clarke and McKiernan are top quality players who would get their game for any county in the country but when you look away from them there’s not much there apart from a hardworking side who carry out a dismal game plan. Plenty of teams play the way Cavan do but what makes Cavan bad to watch is they lack quality, particularly up front. I don’t think they have a forward in their squad capable of making Donegal, Monaghan, Derry, Tyrone, Down or Armagh’s starting teams. It’s hard to see where they can get the scores from. I think this game means a lot for them, it’s a great draw for them and should they win then they will be in with a super shot of the final, they need to be doing something big now and an Ulster final appearance would be a great boost for them.

@Bandage, are you going to be in attendance?[/QUOTE]

I’d agree that the squad are targeting Ulster first and foremost, but ultimately an AI-SF spot. A fantastic achievement for the fourth least populous county in the land; a population with a fair share of huns to boot (intended).

My sources indicate Hughes will be fit. Done his ankle playing for Scotstown but should be there for Sunday. Wylie I’m not so sure about. Won’t be as big a miss, given the dearth of inside scoring forwards from Cavan*. Whether he plays or not, he needs to be careful to keep his emotions in check, given the priors from the McKenna cup clash. Cavan would clean us out around the middle, so retaining possession on our short kick outs will be key to a Monaghan victory. It’s something Beggan needs to work on, for all his prowess from distance.

If Wylie misses out, I’d expect Walshe to come in. Been training with the squad since mid-league, and flying for Doohamlet.

Presuming Darren is fit, Kieran Hughes will play in on the square to take the burden of McManus; we’ll be aiming to get into the lead early, and force Cavan to play. He’ll be out aroun d the middle later on.

Dunne and Clarke will shadow McManus I’d imagine. He’s a very good player at ‘winning’ a free, and that’s what I think the game will come down to. Much to the joy of the country, I expect a low-scoring niggly game. The traditional rivalry, and, more recent, bad blood between the sides will add an unenjoyable edge to the game.

If O Rourke and Hyland swapped positions I’d give the nod to Cavan, just. As it is, I’d have Monaghan by 2 in a tempestuous affair.

*This guy may be the answer
http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=237696

BREAKING MONAGHAN TEAM NEWS

D Hughes fit to start (as exclusively revealed on TFK). Wylie Apap fit for full back. Good to see Eoin Lennon back on the bench.

The Monaghan panel of 26 for the Ulster Senior Football Championship Quarter Final Game v Cavan in Kingspan Breffni Park this Sunday 24th May at 2pm is as follows

1 Rory Beggan Ruairí Ó Beagáin An Bhoth
2 Dessie Mone Deasún Mocháin Cluain Tiobraid
3 Drew Wylie Aindreas Wylie Béal Átha Beithe
4 Ryan Wylie Rian Wylie Béal Átha Beithe
5 Fintan Kelly Fionáin Ó Ceallaigh Cluain Eois
6 Vinny Corey Uinseann Ó Comhraí Cluain Tiobraid
7 Karl O’Connell Carl Ó Conaill Tigh Thalainn
8 Neil McAdam Niall Mac Adaim Na Clairsigh Mhuineacháin
9 Dick Clerkin Risteard Ó Cléirchín Curraichín
10 Owen Duffy Eoin Ó Dufaigh Leachtain
11 Paul Finlay Pól Ó Fionnlaigh Béal Átha Beithe
12 Darren Hughes Darren Ó hAodha An Bhoth
13 Dermot Malone Diarmaid Ó Maoileain Fág An Bealach
14 Kieran Hughes Ciarán Ó hAodha An Bhoth
15 Conor McManus Conchur Mac Maghnúis Cluain Tiobraid
16 Enda Duffy Éanna Ó Dufaigh Druim Shamhain
17 Kieran Duffy Ciarán Ó Dufaigh Leachtain
18 Conor Boyle Conchúr Ó Baoil Cluain Tiobraid
19 Colin Walshe Coilín Breathnach Dubhamlacht
20 Paudie Mc Kenna Pádraig Mac Cionnaith Gaeil Triúcha
21 Owen Lennon Eoin Ó Lionnáin Leachtain
22 Stephen Gollogly Stíofán Mac an Ghallóglaigh Carraig Mhachaire Rois
23 Shane Carey Seán Ó Ciara An Bhoth
24 Ryan Mc Anespie Rian Mac Giolla Easpaig Scairbh na gCaorach
25 Paul Meegan Pól Ó Miagáin Inis Caoin
26 Christopher Mc Guinness Croistár Mag Aonghusa Béal Átha Beithe

Has Shane Duffy given up altogether or is he just not as good as the other 2 keepers?

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1145402, member: 2812”]BREAKING MONAGHAN TEAM NEWS

D Hughes fit to start (as exclusively revealed on TFK). Wylie Apap fit for full back. Good to see Eoin Lennon back on the bench.

The Monaghan panel of 26 for the Ulster Senior Football Championship Quarter Final Game v Cavan in Kingspan Breffni Park this Sunday 24th May at 2pm is as follows

1 Rory Beggan Ruairí Ó Beagáin An Bhoth
2 Dessie Mone Deasún Mocháin Cluain Tiobraid
3 Drew Wylie Aindreas Wylie Béal Átha Beithe
4 Ryan Wylie Rian Wylie Béal Átha Beithe
5 Fintan Kelly Fionáin Ó Ceallaigh Cluain Eois
6 Vinny Corey Uinseann Ó Comhraí Cluain Tiobraid
7 Karl O’Connell Carl Ó Conaill Tigh Thalainn
8 Neil McAdam Niall Mac Adaim Na Clairsigh Mhuineacháin
9 Dick Clerkin Risteard Ó Cléirchín Curraichín
10 Owen Duffy Eoin Ó Dufaigh Leachtain
11 Paul Finlay Pól Ó Fionnlaigh Béal Átha Beithe
12 Darren Hughes Darren Ó hAodha An Bhoth
13 Dermot Malone Diarmaid Ó Maoileain Fág An Bealach
14 Kieran Hughes Ciarán Ó hAodha An Bhoth
15 Conor McManus Conchur Mac Maghnúis Cluain Tiobraid
16 Enda Duffy Éanna Ó Dufaigh Druim Shamhain
17 Kieran Duffy Ciarán Ó Dufaigh Leachtain
18 Conor Boyle Conchúr Ó Baoil Cluain Tiobraid
19 Colin Walshe Coilín Breathnach Dubhamlacht
20 Paudie Mc Kenna Pádraig Mac Cionnaith Gaeil Triúcha
21 Owen Lennon Eoin Ó Lionnáin Leachtain
22 Stephen Gollogly Stíofán Mac an Ghallóglaigh Carraig Mhachaire Rois
23 Shane Carey Seán Ó Ciara An Bhoth
24 Ryan Mc Anespie Rian Mac Giolla Easpaig Scairbh na gCaorach
25 Paul Meegan Pól Ó Miagáin Inis Caoin
26 Christopher Mc Guinness Croistár Mag Aonghusa Béal Átha Beithe[/QUOTE]

Strong team, I doubt it will start like that though, O’Rourke never sticks to the XV he name. I don’t see Mone playing at corner back anyway so imagine it will be one of Duffy, Boyle or Walshe in. No Daniel McKenna on the bench? Thought he showed up reasonably well in the league and is probably the only real natural scoring forwards along with McManus and McGuinnes in the squad and McGuinness is more of a goal getter. How far away from action is McCarron.

Monaghan seem to have developed a strong bench through the league as they were missing a few players for that campaign and the fringe lads did well. Paudie McKenna, Walshe, Lennon and McGuinness all played next to no part in the league.

Jacked it in. He must be 34ish? Not sure if he’s even kicking about for the club either. 34’s babymsking years I’d say.

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1142540, member: 363”]Yeah, but @Bandage is proper ra.
The stoolers are a different animal altogether. Stay safe pal.[/QUOTE]

shake the hand off the royals so?

Yeah he’d be 33-34 now alright. Sound enough fella. Was in college with a good mate of mine. He abandoned the Monaghan party when they won the Division 2 league final in 2005 to come drinking with all of us after Armagh hammered Wexford.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1145415, member: 2514”]Strong team, I doubt it will start like that though, O’Rourke never sticks to the XV he name. I don’t see Mone playing at corner back anyway so imagine it will be one of Duffy, Boyle or Walshe in. No Daniel McKenna on the bench? Thought he showed up reasonably well in the league and is probably the only real natural scoring forwards along with McManus and McGuinnes in the squad and McGuinness is more of a goal getter. How far away from action is McCarron.

Monaghan seem to have developed a strong bench through the league as they were missing a few players for that campaign and the fringe lads did well. Paudie McKenna, Walshe, Lennon and McGuinness all played next to no part in the league.[/QUOTE]
McCarron is back training after the cruciate. Would be good to see him in this year’s championship. He could potentially replace Jap in the 11 jersey. I rate him highly.

Mone won’t play corner back. But cavan won’t play with 3 inside either. Anyway, with the new rules don’t teams have to start 1-15 as named? Did Don/Tyr take to the field 1-15. Positional changes are fine.
It seems paul meegan got the nod over Daniel yankee. Strange enough. Maybe there’s an injury. Hopefully mcGuinness hasn’t lost any sharpness. He’s the only natural goalscorer we have. McManus, for all his brilliance does his best work further out.

Sounds like a cunt from that.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1145459, member: 2812”]McCarron is back training after the cruciate. Would be good to see him in this year’s championship. He could potentially replace Jap in the 11 jersey. I rate him highly.

Mone won’t play corner back. But cavan won’t play with 3 inside either. Anyway, with the new rules don’t teams have to start 1-15 as named? Did Don/Tyr take to the field 1-15. Positional changes are fine.
It seems paul meegan got the nod over Daniel yankee. Strange enough. Maybe there’s an injury. Hopefully mcGuinness hasn’t lost any sharpness. He’s the only natural goalscorer we have. McManus, for all his brilliance does his best work further out.[/QUOTE]

Brennan and McShane came in for McNulty and Tiarnan McCann for Tyrone and Colm McFadden replaced Hugh McFadden for Donegal.

I have that wrong so. Thought they were stamping out the naming of dummy teams.

Killian Clarke OUT of the game with Monaghan.

Cavan: Conor Gilsenan; Jason McLoughlin, Rory Dunne, Ronan Flanagan; James McEnroe, Feargal Flanagan, Damien O’Reilly; Tomas Corr, Gearoid McKiernan; Dara McVeety, Michael Argue, Martin Reilly; Cian Mackey, Martin Dunne, Niall McDermott.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1145728, member: 2514”]Killian Clarke OUT of the game with Monaghan.

Cavan: Conor Gilsenan; Jason McLoughlin, Rory Dunne, Ronan Flanagan; James McEnroe, Feargal Flanagan, Damien O’Reilly; Tomas Corr, Gearoid McKiernan; Dara McVeety, Michael Argue, Martin Reilly; Cian Mackey, Martin Dunne, Niall McDermott.[/QUOTE]
Unrale. Dunne won’t be fit to do it all for Cavan.

I think we’ve the backs to comfortably deal with the Cavan forwards. Mackey is their only real threat.

Revised prediction: Monaghan by 3.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1145731, member: 2812”]Unrale. Dunne won’t be fit to do it all for Cavan.

I think we’ve the backs to comfortably deal with the Cavan forwards. Mackey is their only real threat.

Revised prediction: Monaghan by 3.[/QUOTE]

Socks Dunne couldn’t even make his club team last year. He’s soft as shite.