2016 Allianz National Football League

Not “entirely” serious.

Right.

You gimp.

Oh sweet Jesus, he’s an expert in humour as well now. Carry on so Kev.

No, but i am an expert in exposing backtrackers and bullshitters.

You can’t spell to save yourself but you reckon your definitive analysis of the Mick Lyons reference shows there was no humour intended. Fair enough so, maybe you’ve had a rough day Kev. If this is what you need to bolster your insecure little ego, away with you.

Insecure ego? Interesting.

I’ve been at Tyrone-Roscommon games in the past and can confirm Roscommon fans are animals. Absolute roasters baying for blood at every decision given against them, right or wrong. They’re probably even worse than Mayo fans which takes some doing.

2 Likes

I was at the All Ireland Minor Football Replay of 2006. Now that was an experience. Absolute yahoos, but apart from the outstanding levels of roasterness on show, they weren’t the worst, and were generally amusing more so than anything else. Meath and Kildare fans still the worst for me, but they don’t bother me unduly anymore. I’ve matured see.

When your county ground overlooks a graveyard it’s normal enough to expect them to be a bit strange

That was in Ennis yeah? I was stewarding that day and decided at the end it was better to open the gate onto the field rather than have several generations of my family cursed for all eternity. Good people though in fairness.

That was the one. Some night had afterwards. Paddy Curtin played full forward for Kerry that day.

Tommy Walsh was playing as well, big lad for minor

I can’t remember if David Moran was also?

Kerry: T Mac an tSaoir; B Russell, M Moloney, D Ó Sé; S Enright, A Greaney, B Costello; T Walsh (0-02), D Moran; P Curtin, G O’Driscoll, J Buckley; G Sayers (0-01), P Curran (capt) (0-04 (4f)), E Kennedy (0-02).
Subs used: D O’Shea for Buckley (half-time), S Browne for Costello (43), J Doolan for Curtin (59).

Roscommon: M Miley; P Domican, P Gleeson, S Ormsby; N Carty, D Flynn (capt), C Garvey; D Keenan, D Shine (0-06 (4f)); C Devaney (0-01), J McKeague, K Waldron; P Garvey, F Cregg (0-01), D O’Gara (1-01).
Subs used: C McHugh for McKeague (45 mins), A O’Hara (0-01) for Garvey (49).

1 Like

JERRY Kiernan grew up worshipping Mick O’Connell, the great Kerry midfielder, but he has long since fallen out of love with the GAA.
And he was glad to hear Armagh boss Kieran McGeeney claim that GAA players aren’t elite athletes.
“The north Kerry final was on two or three weeks ago,’’ he said,
“My brother-in-law is kind of into it, and he said to me that he’d never seen such a collection of fat arses in his life.
“I came across a training diary of mine from 1996, when I was 43. I was still running 110 miles a week.
“Many, many people train every day. They’re fitter than 99 per cent of GAA players.

3 Likes

A fat arse is a good thing.

Jerry is partially right, but a pain in the arse as well.

Conor Meredith definitely back in the Laois set up.

Colm Begley, Eoin Lowry, Eoghan Keogh all set to join up soon with a rumour about Cahir Healy also doing the rounds.

Lillis could be onto something :popcorn:

Good start here to Dublin-Monaghan. McManus roasting his man early doors

Clucko under pressure here, Monaghan very clever on his kickouts

@Chucks_Nwoko missing some exhibition scores here. Dublin 0-6 Monaghan 0-8 after 25.

Darren Hughes playing inside.