2016 Allianz National Football League

It really is, he stands out a mile in a team with quite a few gingers.

Roscommon have been forced out of the Hyde for this weekends game with Down due to the pitch being unplayable (its also a shithole). They wished to move it to Kiltoom, but the CCCC said it wouldn’t be fit to hold the crowds expected.

So the game has been moved to Pearse Park in Longford. Causing Longfords own hurlers to be fucked out of their ground, to some backwater in the county somewhere.

The Hyde is indeed a shithole, and I’m not sure what you’d do with it at this stage. Far too fucking big anyway, a smaller tidier ground would be more appropriate but you’d be afraid to spend more money on yet another white elephant in a backwater of Ireland. Still though, surely Kiltoom could have done, reduce the capacity and just get on with it.

As for the Longford hurlers, jaysus it can’t be easy being a Longford hurler at the best of times, but to be fucked out of your own ground for a fucking Roscommon Down league match must be fairly emasculating.

Down are as well just forfeit.

You’re probably not wrong. Thank fuck Benny didn’t come back for this abomination.

Dan Gordon threw the towel in as well.

I give Down a big chance on Sunday. So there

You wouldn’t be biased though :grinning:

Not at all mate. Don’t think Down are as bad as they’ve shown so far and I don’t think Roscommon are world beaters by any means.

Down finished above Ros in Div 2 last year - I accept Ros won the final but wouldn’t read too much into that as promotion was the aim for both teams.

Think this will be a lot closer than people think

All fair points.

But you are biased, much like me attempting to asses those cunts in Kildare.

Where’s this game on?

Rossies have serious momentum, Down are in neutral.

Read back up mate.

1 Like

Thanks mate.

How the fuck is in Pearse? Is it not closed for remedial works still?

The stand was shut down for health and safety concerns.

I know, the stand is sinking FFS! How bad must the Hyde and Kiltoom be if they deem Pearse more suitable :smile:

I suppose there’s the occupiers liability to be thought of when the ground is so bad.

But Pearse can barely hold 2k.

Would you marry a Kildare lass mate :wink:

I may have mellowed :laughing:

1 Like

I dunno, but I doubt I’d get away with it now at this stage!

Love conquers all so :ronnyroar:

1 Like

By the way it’s crazy it’s not on in Kiltoom. Nice ground and well able to hold the crowd I would have thought. Wasn’t the Monaghan game played in Kiltoom ?

Pearse/Glennon Park is bigger than that, watched the footballers play there in championship a few years back, I’d say it’s closer to 10,000 capacity

Played there in October.

The stand is shut due to health and safety. That leaves the terrace, at one end only, and the terraced side.

1 Like

Its a beautiful little stadium, excellent pitch, lovely stands, its a crime to see it have to be pulled down.