2016 Allianz National Football League

This is real Connacht football.

Shite.

3 Likes

Like a pitch you’d see in deepest November for club matches.

1 Like

The conditions in Omagh last night were far worse than in Roscommon today, more puddles of water, rain lashing down and a driving wind last night.

Huge difference in the physicality of the two teams, Roscommon players can’t break the tackle.

Conditions seem to be making them bring the ball into contact.

How many frees & 45’s has that gimp got to miss before management realise he is in the team to play in goals.

1 Like

Or they’re finally facing a decent side who are in need of a win and playing like it.

Deegan giving Roscommon an awful lot of soft frees.

Great save from the Roscommon keeper.

Roscommon will be happy enough with that score line considering conditions & playing into a gale in the 1st half.

1 Like

And the fact Mayo were utterly dominant but very wasteful.

Of course but the Rossies played a very cute game in trying to play deep & keep the Mayo forwards quiet. Worked a treat in fairness & tacking on those late scores gives them a great chance to push on now in the second half.

The Rossies definitely are not afraid of hard graft.

1 Like

Ireland’s rate of emigration would be at least 3% lower than it is if Dr. Hyde Park didn’t exist. It’s the type of place that drives you to leave a country, even from just seeing it on television.

Feelings engendered by the sight of Dr. Hyde Park include, loneliness, powerlessness, hopelessness, pointlessness, emptiness, a feeling of being rejected by life, and a feeling that you’re living in 1957 and the ability of your eyes to see colour has gone.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s worked a treat. If Mayo had been clinical up front they would have had this game out of sight, they are still in it and it’s down more to Mayo’s wastefulness than anything what Roscommon are doing. Keegan , Conor O’Shea, Diarmuid O’Connor and Aidan O’Shee have all had goal chances that they didn’t take.

Mayo are well on top here and given the type of style they play, I don’t think the wind will be that much of a factor. Roscommon are getting cleaned out in the middle of the pitch, they can’t break the tackle and have been quite lucky Deegan is giving them a few soft ones.

Diarmuid O’Connor is a class act.

We’ll see in 40 odd minutes if it has worked.

Tut tut what an unnecessary thing to say. Must it be insult after insult here?

The graveyard is the most lively and upbeat thing about the ground.

2 Likes

Well regardless of the result I would still say Roscommon have got it wrong, they are still only in the game because Mayo have been extremely wasteful.

Monaghan 7 points down in Clones and in big bother now. Could have a 4 way battle for relegation next week.

I would say if Mayo win here next week they should be safe as they will tank Down. Monaghan and Donegal will be facing off for a real battle. You’d expect Kerry might take the foot off the gas with a semi-final place all but sealed.

A banner there stating: “Ross Boss While Mayo Doss”

Suffering fuck.

Brilliant goal from Regan, lovely pick up on the run.