2016 Allianz National Hurling League

What happens if you go all out to win it and end up losing and coming off worse in most of the key match ups?

Clare are in a decent position coming into this for the simple fact that they are missing four or five lads who are injured or just returning from injury who you would fancy to start come June. If we give another big performance like two weeks ago then it is great for morale and competition for places. Lost and you are in a position whereby you can change things up with big players returning. I would expect Clare to play with 7 defenders and 5 forwards on Sunday and both teams to commit a lot of bodies to the middle third while I would expect the game in June to be a bit more open

I don’t know mick, Clare should have too much for them in June. With cusack they would seem to have a right cute hoor so it’ll be interesting to see what happens. If you have confidence, you should be out to win everything. Cody wouldn’t be shadow boxing in a league final. Crush all before you would be his way.

If they had the full hand I think they wouldn’t have many excuses. The way the league and injuries have worked out have been very much in our favour and there is good depth, competition for places and morale is rising every week.

Both teams will be looking to be hurling in September and I doubt the players on either side will be all that upset if they lose Sunday if they can get to September.

1 Like

I know, but the road to September is full of bearpits. They look to be as good as there is out there. There are a few teams out there now in the grass all the same, and a league isn’t a bad trophy.

The league would guarantee that the pressure would be off Derek McGrath for another year so I’d say we will be going for it anyway.

1 Like

Galway wont be bad

1 Like

They will be a tough game for anyone come championship I reckon.

2 Likes

http://www.newstalk.com/Does-Davy-Fitzgerald-deserve-more-praise-for-his-time-in-charge-of-Waterford @Fagan_ODowd

Both teams will be out to win it. Any team in a final wants to win. It is a peculiarity of GAA forums and threads that teams are better off losing rather than “showing their hand”.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/ncZs71OgfAQ

For a man that doesn’t want to win it… you are posting enough shite about it… stay off my facebook also, you little shitbag.

What is wrong with conlon

Ankle knack mate.

1 Like

What did I
post on your facebook

Everything - Telling me about what event you are going to on Sunday… I DONT CARE, FUCK FACE.

:joy:oh that you and your bud

Tony Kelly and Peter Duggan in for Flanagan and Conlon. Surprised by that in a good way. Looks like we are going with 6 backs as opposed to the 7 we played v Tipp and Kilkenny. Assume Dillon will sweep again if Waterford withdraw men like they normally do and Kelly will play as an auxiliary midfielder or in a free role.

Peter Duggan to play the Conlon role at full forward

Maurice didn’t make the Waterford lineup

Shadow boxing, or not good enough form???

Injured.