2016 Allianz National Hurling League

He’s probably not exaggerating a whole pile though pal.

Judging by Cusack Park a few weeks back,they seem to have more lads involved then FF have TDs in Dail Eireann.

They’re a going to be very competitive,have all the raw materials there to have a right cut off it this year imo…being over tactical would be my major worry for them.

If Conlon gets injured they won’t win a ball above shoulder height. This is their major failing.

1 Like

I tend to agree with you there mate, but look Honan is beginning to impress lately. has the size anyway to be competing in the air, although I don’t rate him as a top inter county forward.

Clare don’t do the hail mary 90 yarders as much nowadays obviously…though they did mix it up a bit against us on that fucking horrible day a few weeks ago in Ennis.

You’re right though, keeping Conlan fit is key to Clare’s year.

1 Like

Honan never has been and never will be an aerial threat, a target man or a ball winner. It’s not his game despite his height.

Successive injuries mean that he will never become the player he threatened to become as he has lost that half yard of pace but he is still a handful especially when he runs at defenders. This is the first season since 2010 where he has pretty much had a full spring of training under him, aside from missing 3 or 4 weeks hurling due to a hand injury and the confidence is returning to him every other years has been blighted with groin, hip, hamstring, quad and back injuries. His movement is quite static which means he can be well marshaled by a sticky corner back and the move to wing forward as suited him better as he isn’t as reliant on the ball coming in and can pin his ears back a bit more.

Fitzgerald rates him highly and has picked him pretty much at every opportunity when he is fit regardless of form.

4 Likes

Fair to say that Honan is the Peter Crouch of hurling then?

1 Like

Come on !

6 Likes

I had to pop into Dunnes in town there for a bit of roast for Sunday dinner.
Beautiful crisp Sunday morning in Thurles, the sun is shining and the town looks resplendent.
Best of luck to all the lads traveling today and safe journey.
Remember I’ll be around the pubs before the matches. … Keeping an eye on the TFK family. Watching over ye, from a distance, like a guardian angel.

5 Likes

Safe travelling pal :+1:

I’ll be near you in Ardán O Riain, pal. Close enough to be marking you even…

2 Likes

I think he’s quality I’d pick him every time. Unfortunate the way injuries have held him back. Haven’t seen him this year yet but I thought he’s been best at corner forward at senior level.

A Limerick and Kilkenny double for me today, chaps.

3 Likes

Noel Ryan’s before the game for 1

1 Like

Clare and Limerick 10/1. Aaron Cunningham to score a goal and Clare to win 10/1.

On your own?

Can’t beat tradition.

Waterford looking very professional with their drills.

This game is a shambles. Fucking sweepers and tippy tappy crap.

Richie there :smile:

You just know @carryharry was smiling when richie mc made that burst up the field.