2017 All Ireland final Galway v Waterford - Pretend Galway Fans spouting shit

…wrong thread

EDIT wtf?

2 Likes

Nerves weren’t too bad to be fair. I had a member of the NOGRA for company, and some family nearby. They acted as a calming influence. I got a bit jittery before throw in, again after Waterford’s second goal, and the last time was when they took the lead for the first time. Outside of that I was pretty calm, as we seemed to be finding scores that bit easier.

Flynn’s point on 62 mins seemed to knock the stuffing out of Waterford. It came from the puck out after Conor Cooney’s (unbelievable) point, which was neatly taken down by David Burke in midfield, and then popped up to Coen. He played a lovely ball into Flynn, who flicked it into space for himself, picked it, shimmied, then straight over the bar. Score was out to 4 and Waterford’s decision making began to falter after that.

2 Likes

Hail hail :ok_hand:

Skimming through posts on the way home last night, this one stood out. It was also noted by the gentleman beside me at the match.

1 Like

I thought Galways warm up looked better. Some incredibly sharp stick passing while De Burca and Gleeson were doing loopy trick hand passes.

Did a losing team’s warm up ever look better .

4 Likes

No but it did look way better at the time.

Gleeson played a lovely stick pass off the ground at one stage that took a Galway player completely out of it. I was applauding (in my head) some the Waterford points yesterday. O’Halloran’s point was majestic.

1 Like

I love watching the warm ups. Limerick’s in 2013 against Clare was class. The lads fair buried those tackle bags.

A lot of wishy washy meandering from you on galway and donighue the past while. You are displaying a serious lack of conviction in yourself, which is the sign of a very very very week person.

2 Likes

I would’ve had him down as a complete and utter month

3 Likes

Derek McGrath’s speech earlier.

5 Likes

Yes. Dublin v Kerry in league final 2017

Galway will knock more craic out of this than Kilkenny did in all 10. Managers with a personality. Who’d have thought it.

2 Likes

That’s an unreal speech.

If by 10 you mean Cody’s managerial reign, he has been in charge for 11 wins.

1 Like

Beyond words there. Very proud to know we have Irishmen like that. A true gent.

That’s a kind comment, appreciated

1 Like

I didn’t enjoy it one bit e-pal. I was a bag of nerves before it to the point I thought I was going to puke then the last 25 minutes was a nerve wracking frenzy where I was basically just following the flight of the ball and overreacting accordingly to what happened. I told accompanying roasters that Niall Burke was a windy cunt who had no business being brought on. But I was so very sweetly wrong. Just had a busy weekend so i will sit down tomorrow, cape, cans blah blah blah and become maroonandwhite again and rewatch it. I am more than slightly disgusted that I wasn’t there.

16 Likes

And the twee shite enters Day 3

2 Likes