2017 All Ireland final Galway v Waterford - Pretend Galway Fans spouting shit

And actor Brendan Gleeson is their uncle

Imagine having 3 fellas suspended for the same thing in the same season and having 2 fellas suspended for the biggest game they’ll ever play in their lives. FFS is it any wonder he can’t coach them to play traditional hurling.

It’s a testament to Derek and Dan that they’ve even got them this far tbh

It’ll be hell for leather in the last few minutes as both fight to maintain tradition and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Unreal achievement is fairness. They’ll be smathered with black marker on the big day.

Fergal Horgan will thankfully settle a few scores.

I’ve watched and rewatched the Gleeson incident and can conclusively say that from my viewing, the Cork fella was choking and Austin saved him by pulling the helmet off him. What a guy.

5 Likes

Christ don’t mention choking on this thread

2 Likes

That would have been quite a funny quip if it hadn’t been mentioned already

Uncle Jackie

It made me giggle anyway, I’m not too worried about you

:rollseyes:

Lame.

It’s got to the stage now where helmets should be banned.

The way senior was turfed out of templemore I’d be surprised if he doesn’t have more offspring gracing the big day in future.

:joy: Good luck with that.

You’ve used that joke a few times a this stage

The thing I like about Waterford is that they don’t just aimlessly whack the ball down the field hoping that someone wins it.

They take a much more measured, pragmatic approach whereby they try and feed the ball into their forwards, they play by design rather than chance.

I hope they win it for this reason and the fact that the Galway players threw Tessio under a bus when they flopped.

4 Likes

Waterford play that rarest of things - cerebral hurling.

And it’s a joy to watch it at its best.

2 Likes

I’m supporting Tyrone from now on in football - I hope McCarron does a number on Brogan the next day

3 Likes

It wasn’t meant to be a joke, I’m fully expecting it