2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

That’s 2 years in a row now we’ve ‘caught Mayo on the hop’. The cunts are gone, sitting ducks in the qualifiers imo

Lucky for them they’re on the B side of the qualifiers where there is fuck all in the next round. The round after that could be interesting.

An average Tipp side made a show of them in Croker last year. Galway not ready to mix it with the big guns. Mayo were never a big gun.

Galway weren’t mentally prepared for that game last year.
I know I was taking the piss out of Mayo myself yesterday, but they have been a top side for the past five years, narrowly losing 3 AI finals. If I didn’t hate the cunts, I’d feel sorry for them.

2 Likes

Very enjoyable game . Mayo just don’t have the forwards good enough .

Did you not learn the lesson I thought you last year about the perils of writing off the Galway football team?

That was last year, m8.

I see you’ve decided to doge the issue Geoff.

Are you now dealing in ifs?

A mighty big “if” there

3 Likes

I did say they were very hard to call, mate.

I correctly predicted the Ulster Championship would kick into life last week.

Army got mom ffs! Gary o donnell surly should have got it!

Heaney should have got it

Not army anyway

Lads, didn’t Galway play 75% of that amen with a man advantage, I haven’t seen it but if it’s the case is it a fair assumption to make that there was a fair slice of luck involved and it’s very early to be making serious claims about either team?

The luck was in Mayo’s opportunistic goal. Galway did have trouble closing the game out, need more leadership in the clutch but Mayo only made a game of it with a lot of help from the ref

1 Like

I didn’t see it either but I think you’re right there mate. Lads often disregard how much of an advantage it is having an extra man

Was the red card not apparently very soft?

Depends on your perspective but I’d imagine most people would believe that kneeing an opponent in the nuts is generally worthy of a red

7 Likes

I’d be very surprised if an extra man for 50 minutes wasn’t worth at least 1 point, but I don’t mind the Galway lads here much so I’ll give them the BOTD.

What’s the appropriate punishment for kneeing an opponent in the nuts in front of the ref?

Initially it looked like it was given for a shove to the chest but it turned out Higgins kneed Comer in the swingers.