2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

How are you working out the quarters mate ?

If Armagh and Monaghan win, id imagine there will be a draw. Only provincial finals canā€™t be repeated

1 Like

Itā€™s only just begun, my weird friend.

Rugby is not a sport in Catholic Ulster. You could count the number of rugby clubs in Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan on one hand. Itā€™s the Protestant preserve in Ulster.

In one tie we have two of there most dislikable counties in the association, playing off to face a shower of tramps, in the other we have thorough gentlemanly counties facing off for the honour of playing a shower of tramps.

1 Like

Armagh v Tyrone in an AI QF would be biblical.

Cc @Sidney

1 Like

If Kev gives me bookies odds on Armagh Iā€™m in. Thatā€™s 6/4.

Cc @caoimhaoin
Cc @thedancingbaby

A forum holds itā€™s breathā€¦

Happy to be the middle man if it suits ye both.

The bookies have set the handicap at 1 point. In the interest of fairness, why not have a straight up bet of Armagh +1.

Or will you weasel your way out of another bet with Kev again?

2 Likes

Fuck off.

Iā€™m not the one who claimed an 8 point (minimum) difference between the sides. Yet heā€™s scared stifless to substantiate that claim. My claim is thereā€™s not an awful lot between the sides and that an Armagh victory is very possible. I think the bookies have priced it correctly. Itā€™s either -8 or straight up bet at bookies odds.

Iā€™m not the one who wonā€™t stand behind earlier comments.

OMG.

What a draw.

Iā€™m going to have to attend these matches.

What a post.

Roman nobility written all over it.

Again, kev didnā€™t say they would win by 8 points. He said they were 8 points a better team. There is a difference

Yes. If he thinks theyā€™re an 8 points better team they should live up to that expectation and win by 8 points. Otherwise what is the relevance of that claim?

1 Like

Given the 6 day turnaround after a provincial final defeat, and the record teams have in those scenarios, I think going with either the handicap set by the bookies or a straight win or lose bet is fairest

There really isnā€™t.

How else would you prove a team is 8 points better other than by the margin?

What 6 day turnaround?

Are these games not on July 29th?

1 Like

I assumed these matches were Saturday. I apologise if Iā€™m wrong