2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

It’s embarrassing at this stage of the game.

20th and 27th I think

1 Like

Of course it does. For a team to be seriously in contention in gga football they need to have been building physically for at least 3 years. That’s one of the things that fucked Tyrone up last year, they were too lightweight (and shat the pot admirably). They’re another year harder this year and are real contenders.
Derry / clare / Roscommon could /should have beaten Mayo but were nowhere near them physically.

They are the only team to compete consistently and not ship a heavy beating.

Please quote me the scores of those five games.

The best Dublin have managed in them is two one point wins.

Joe Brolly‏ @JoeBrolly1993

THANK GOD FOR HURLING

I can’t wait for the “Super 8’s”

2 Likes

Please note that Tyrone have done fuck all in the league or the championship in the last 5 years. Dublin’s rivals in this period have been Kerry, Mayo and Donegal.

1 Like

Its how we rate teams. On performanxes and results. Dublin have won 4/6 and have given a couple of exceptional performances this year (even if Kildare was a bit patchy)

Tyrone are a handy outfit with druve and a system they believe in. However skill, an ability to learn and a philosophy will trump a system all things being even.

But the thing is they are not even. Dublin have a superior bunch of footballers and subs.

when is last time Mayo beat Kerry in championship ?..

What the hell is up with Enda Smith’s cheeks?

1 Like

96?

Thats rubbish. They never hammered Mayo.

They dismantled kerry twice but Kerry still managed to keep it close.

Tyronr have never played Dublin when it matters

In a game between two evenly matched teams, which Dublin v Tyrone is, it’s irrelevant.

It’s a function of the past performance indicates future performance fallacy.

Henry Shefflin said yesterday that “I think 16 points is just too big a gap from the League final to close for Tipperary”.

But Tipperary didn’t have to close any gap, because both teams started at 0.

Dublin and Tyrone will both start at 0 and all Dublin’s All-Irelands will mean fuck all once the game starts.

1 Like

Dublin and Mayo have had umpteen chances against Dublin - no success.

Tyrone and Dublin have yet to meet under Gavin in Championship.

The known vs the unknown.

Christ almighty…is it that long?..they always seems to roll over…

1 Like

Since dethroning Dublin as All Ireland champions in the 2012 semi final, Mayo have been consistently in the mix at the business end.

2013 lost final to Dublin by 1 point.
2014 lost replayed semi final after extra time to eventual champions Kerry
2015 lost replayed semi final to eventual champions Dublin
2016 lost replayed final to Dublin by 1 point

Tyrone may well kick on over the next 6 weeks and win it out but as things stand at the moment they are unproven in high stake games and there’s no real basis to suggest they’ll be able to put it up to Dublin. Tyrone’s record since 2012 reads:

2012 lost 3rd round qualifier to Kerry by 10 points.
2013 lost semi final to Mayo by 6 points
2014 lost 2nd round qualifier to Armagh by 3 points
2015 lost semi final to Kerry by 4 points
2016 lost quarter final to Mayo by 1 point

1 Like

How many times have Mayo beaten Kerry under Fitzmaurice in Championship football?

How many times have Mayo beaten Dublin under Gavin in Championship football?

Address these questions please.

So you’ve proved my point.

Past performance is relevant in rating teams.

A team’s rating with members of the general public is irrelevant once a match starts. You have to do it on the pitch. You don’t get bonus points for past glories.

Stephen Coen is a very poor footballer.

Don’t disagree with that.

And thats why i think Tyrone will ultinately be exposed. Especially discipline wise.