2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

This is the strongest the Dublin squad has ever been.

But i mean actually tell me how they will do it?

What are the match ups?
What tactics that Tyrone have showed us will beat Dublin and why?

Nobody can cos they are just listening to media build them up, especially RTE who feel guilty about Harte.

Tyrone really should have beaten Mayo last year.

Dublin aren’t used to wars and they don’t like them on the rare occasions they happen. They’ve only been involved in three real wars - Donegal 2011 and 2014 and the Mayo 2016 draw. You need to go to war against them. Dublin don’t do anything particularly flash, they just make good, simple, fast decisions through intelligent use of space and good angles of running. Their strength is collective rather than individual.

The key to beating them is to unsettle them at every opportunity, disrupt their thought processes and get them to start making bad decisions. You need to be prepared to do it for the whole game and stick with it. It took half an hour for Donegal to have any success with that plan in 2014.

1 Like

Not as strong a Team though. Tyrones who’ll defense of system and quick counter is built specifically to topple the dubs. I’ve never seen a team across the board to have such point taking ability. I think cian o Sullivan has gone back a lot while there still weak at midfield. I think their forwards are being talked up a lot but a lot of them are easily shackled by a good team compared to alan and Bernard brogan.

Ulster will say no to the dubs again

Jim Gavin is 0/1 in semi finals against the Ulster Champions in All Ireland Senior football.

1 Like

Tyrone don’t give away cheap frees, they don’t cough up easy chances, they are superbly organised defensively. That is how they will win. Tyrone have proven you wrong all Championship so ignorance is nothing new to you.

I’m confident Tyrone can beat Dublin. You’re not really as confident as you proclaim to be re Dublin’s chances.

Canty and Lucey were physically strong enough to challenge his positioning before the ball came in

Horseshit.

what’s your match ups buddy??..I’ve a feeling Harte will detail mcarron to mark Kilkenny…

Nearly never bulled the cow

1 Like

My worry for Tyrone is if it’s tight after an hour will they have the belief/balls to dig out a win.

They should have beaten Mayo last year but when the game was there to be won it was Mayo and Lee Keegan in particular who grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck to get Mayo over the line.

12 months on, can we say Tyrone will do the same thing ? We just don’t know but I would certainly trust Dublin more to get the job done if it is tight late on.

Tyrone were down to 14 men so I think that impacted on it, it was more a case of Tyrone not taking their chances. McCurry, McCarron and McCann all missed good chances late on against Mayo last year. I think it’s something Tyrone have generally improved on this year, obviously it’s not really proven until they do it in a big game but I do think their efficiency in front of the posts have improved.

There’s actually been quite a few changes this year.

Hampsey, Conall McCann, McGeary and McClure/Mulgrew are all regular starters this year and none of them had a Championship start before this season so there has been a fair bit of change implemented this year.

We have a really strong bench.

Still not 1 explanation of how.

Just lazy pub talk generalizations

That’s an explanation. Dublin don’t look great against mass defences. Tyrone are the masters of it.

That’s an explanation.

Its not. Its a generalisation.

Put some thought into it.

Not a generalisation.

It’s substantive based.

Dublin have been really frustrated by teams like Carlow and Westmeath when they have went ultra defensive, even against Monaghan last week their forward play was very average particularly in the first half. Half of their scores came from Dean Rock placed balls.

Nonsense and mass generalisations

1 Like

Presumably you say this whenever anybody predicts a bookies’ outsider to win?

Sport doesn’t work on the basis that Team A are expected to beat Team B, therefore Team A wins.

Bookies’ favourites lose regularly.

As somebody who has seen this Dublin team play a lot more than you have over the years, I can confirm @Nembo_Kid is correct in his assertion that Dublin do struggle against teams with organised and committed mass defences. That’s hardly a surprise because every team does. Tyrone are the very best around at having an organised and committed mass defence.

That’s without even taking their superb counter-attacking game into consideration.

They have the tools to beat Dublin but it will likely be very close. All four remaining teams have the tools to beat each other on any given day.

A refereeing decision or a bit of luck either way might well make the difference, as it might tomorrow.

1 Like

Kev told us Donegal and Monaghan were a good bit ahead of Tyrone this year.

He knows very little about GAA, it’s very obvious from the audit trail.

I’m currently over on the Terrorism thread having him backtrack furiously on a fake yarn he spun.

1 Like

Whats with the bookies reference?

And i realise its not that simplr. Yet nobody has broken it down