2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Defensive systems are primed on minimising scores, logically.

and the barometer of how successful the system is how many times it wins you a given competition…

The barometer of how good a defensive system is would be in how difficult it is to be breached.

exactly so if it is breached more times than the oppositions then its hardly masterful is it???..

You’re conflating things here and ignoring the role a team’s forwards has in deciding if you win or lose.

Nope, that would be a failure of the attackers and maybe in a lot of cases the victor is a better team.

In Tyrone’s last two exits the system gave them the platform for victory but they weren’t efficient enough in front of the posts. Against Kerry they missed a plethora of goal chances, against Mayo they kicked a lot of poor wides.

I think Tyrone are more fluid and kicking more efficiently this year.

Dublin have best defensive system in the game. They understand attacking-defending and defending-defending.
Tyrone defend, and then they attack. They do not possess the same fluidity not to mention Dublin have far better players.

Players and not systems win games.

Even the factvthat people see tyrone as a system, unlike Dublin which is more of a philosophy., is very telling. If its easy to see on tv its probably easy to figure out with analysis.

Tyrone have the best defensive system in the game.

Dublin are nowhere near as disciplined defensively as Tyrone.

So the Cork players must be really shit after all.

What has Cork got to do with anything.

Bizarre bringing them in. Abother sign you are flustered

You’re always telling us how Cork have such talented footballers and the reason they fail is because of management and county board issues so thanks for now clarifying that your excuse is bullshit and it’s actually down to players.

You have now confirmed Cork players are shit.

I did not comfirm anything. You do not understand culture v. System

You failed to answer the question.

A bit cheeky of you telling me I don’t understand.

You’re the guy who is always wrong, I’m the guy who is always right, the audit trail backs that up.

I understand Gaelic Football and I understand that you are contradicting yourself.

You do understand the basic tenets of Gaelic football, which leads you to completely dismiss things out of sight. You told us Donegal and Monaghan were better than Tyrone so clearly you have consistently underestimated Tyrone.

Well that’s the point…if your forwards are all dropping back then it’s more a roadblock than a defensive system …and it comes at the cost of being able to get your own scores. …hence it is flawed. .

Is an attacking system that concedes scoring chances flawed?

Attack is the best form of defense pal…

1 Like

Tyrone’s system is very effective.

It has worked against Kerry and Mayo the last two years, the reason they lost was because they weren’t efficient enough in front of the posts in both games.

We’ll have to sort that out in order to beat Dublin but I believe that tactically Mickey Harte will have Jim Gavin’s number.

Be interesting to see peter Harte make them lung bursting runs up the middle that tyrone so heavily rely on against the dubs for full 70 minutes. .there’s a physicality to the dubs tackling thats often overlooked…its energy sapping…

1 Like

If Harte doesn’t do it then we have Meyler, Sludden, McGeary, Donnelly, McCann, Rory Brennan etc who can all do it.

Meyler hasn’t really featured all year, I have a sneaky suspicion that he is being saved for this one and will be sprung at some stage in the game.

He was very impressive against Dublin in the league this year.

You’re so stupid its unbelievable.

Tyrone lost because their defensive system was so good :joy::joy::joy:

Its great to watch.

1 Like