2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

What are you on about now?

It’s quite clear and you know it.

You are trying to run away from your Clare claim. Absolutely zero conviction in what you said earlier.

Answer the question

I think we’ve being asking him that since 2014

Midfielders of the calibre of Gary Brennan and forwards of the calibre of Eoin Cleary, Jamie Malone and David Tubridy are few and far between in Connacht and Ulster.

Never heard of the last three so they clearly aren’t up to much.

1 Like

who?

Says the man who only yesterday was talking up the prospects of Down winning the All Ireland - a Down side who until a few weeks had lost 14 consecutive league and championship matches.

You need to brush up on your knowledge of current day football.

@Nembo_Kid - why are Armagh so shit since McGeeney took over?

Down are Down, and Down are no longer down. Down can always win the All-Ireland in any given year.

Clare are Clare. A minnow.

I think they’ve been unlucky with injuries and absentees over the past few years but irrespective of that they should be doing much better.

This is the best playing squad he’s had at his disposal since taking over so there should be no excuses this year. In terms of his failings as a manager, well they’re very naive tactically, players all bombing forward, running into traffic and getting turned over and getting caught wide open at the back. They seemed really clueless yesterday towards the end of the game, they could easily have reeled Down in if they took their points rather than going for goal.

They’ve as good a forward line as any other side in Ulster right now and I wouldn’t rule them out on a qualifier run if they click but I think McGeeney needs that to save his job. They need the likes of Dyas and Ethan Rafferty fit and firing too.

1 Like

[quote=“Nembo_Kid, post:1114, topic:23156, full:true”]

They’ve as good a forward line as any other side in Ulster right now [/quote]

Ah here @Nembo_Kid…I admire your “opinions” and rationale sometimes but this is stretching it.

2 Likes

Clarke, Campbell, Grugan, Oisin O’Neill, Murnin and Forker is an excellent forward line.

The problems all lie behind that.

How many All Irelands have Down won mate?

Down have won 5 All Ireland titles and 12 Ulster titles.

Their success is quite concentrated. Down didn’t win their first Ulster title until 1959, the 75th anniversary of the founding of the GAA. They won 8 Ulster titles between 1959-71 and three All Ireland’s in 1960, 61 and 68. Since 1971, they’ve won just 4 of the last 45 Ulster titles - 1978, 81, 91 & 94 (winning the All Ireland in the latter two years). No Ulster or All Ireland title in 23 years.

Oh right. So it seems they “can” win an All Ireland in any given year in the same way Wicklow can win an All Ireland in any given year

1 Like

Was it not two half backs scored the goals? And they couldn’t break down the defence of a div 2 side. Your straying away from your famous fact based approach into more speculation conjecture and waffle I believe

Murnin, the corner forward, got one anyway. Should have got a second. Decent player.

1 Like

:grinning:

What’s so funny, mate?