2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

I think itā€™s nuanced. As a former wrestling advocate, I welcomed cheating in many instances but I find his carry on very sneaky and sly in general. Using the incompetence of officials to get other players black carded by deliberately altering his own line of running in order to collide with them and then going to ground, holding his head, feigning injury and claiming obstruction is very low.

Did Cillian O Connor not score both points to bring the game yesterday from a 3 point game to a 1 point game? Of all the Mayo forwards to complain about :smile:

Listen, the die/dye has been cast here, TFK members must come down on one side or other. There will be no concensus reached.

2 Likes

Absolutely

Easy frees

Cool.

He has cheated twice for sure. But tgey are all cheating in various ways. His are just better results.

To question his ability is more than amusing

Itā€™s his consistent narking, badgering and mouthing at the referee trying to influence his decision making that pisses me off the most.

Iā€™d love if a referee black carded him for it early on in a big game.

2 Likes

One of those points I mentioned was from play. Cillian O Connor is generally overrated though I agree. I think its because heā€™s one of the best of a bad lot in Mayo

1 Like

Ciliian O Connor is very slow .

Cillian Oā€™Connor is a fine footballer but lacks that rare quality that all the greats have to get their team across the line in AI finals. Sadly for Mayo, no one has had it since 1951. I know we havenā€™t much to talk about ourselves for a while, but he isnā€™t remotely in the Ja Fallon / Padraig Joyce category.

If this group of Mayo players wins an All Ireland, I think Iā€™d be happiest for Cillian Oā€™Connor. He treads a line sometimes but heā€™s streets ahead of the other players in showing how much he wants to win.

2 Likes

Would any of the current Mayo forwards have made the Galway team from 1998 to 2001 ?

Great forwards are only interested in scoring and not acting the bollox.

1 Like

Oā€™Connor would for sure.

1 Like

Ahead of who ?

Niall Finnegan/Tommy Joyce

Shay Walsh too.

Oā€™Connor wouldnā€™t have made the Down teams of 1991 or 1994 however.

Maybe but I liked Finnegan . His best days played before 1998 if truth told. Did Tommy Joyce start in 1998 ??