2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

And you change the slant from his lack of movement to who he has to mark after Iā€™ve shown you to be wrong on that.

Predictable and complete bullshit.

Heā€™s not even being marked for the first one you dose. Both plays come from dead balls. For the throw in, Tyrone are set up in a traditional shape, Oā€™Shea rampages through the middle and draws loads of bodies towards him creating space and time for a simple score for Oā€™Connor.

For the sideline one, McNamee and McCrory are asleep, they both catch on late to Moranā€™s run, both go for Moran and Moran slips it back to Oā€™Connor who finishes well.

Neither are hallmarks of great movement.

He received the pass from Moran and was faced with Ronan McNamee, and McCrory coming back to cover as well. He took on McNamee and left him for dead, slotting the ball over from a difficult angle with another Tyrone defender coming out to face him.

In the other movement of play he clearly heads out by McCarron, losing McCrory in the process, and then ghosts away from him to support Oā€™Sheaā€™s run. McCrory was left at sea and McCarron wasnā€™t awake to the danger that Oā€™Connor had created.

You canā€™t put down all of his good movement to the opposition being asleep.

I donā€™t know which of ye is worse :grinning:

4 Likes

Iā€™m just presenting the facts to him and he canā€™t handle it at all :slight_smile:

Facts that present a very unconvincing argument.

Only to those who are be blind and biased to see it.

1 Like

As you have alluded to Tyrone were asleep. The ball went, Tyrone players switched off and Oā€™Connor with a bit of quick thinking manufactured a score. It does not constitute good movement though as his movement is poor which is why he tends to struggle from play in big games. Heā€™s very dependent on Andy Moran beside him to make the space and win the ball for him, heā€™s not able to do that himself.

1 Like

To those who actually understand the game and have seen Oā€™Connor live, they will know his movement isnā€™t good enough. He doesnā€™t want the ball.

1 Like

Utter scutter.

In the two examples his lost his marker and even when he was face with McNamee he simply round him and scored from a tight angle.

What I alluded to was you claiming he excellent movement was down to Tyrone switching off. This was not the case and youā€™d have to be a a very stubborn and biased individual to claim that in the face of the video clip and pictorial evidence I gave you.

You donā€™t even understand that a draw is better is than a loss.

Anyone with two eyes in their head can see it from everything that Iā€™ve posted above that Oā€™Connor has excellent movement. Only a biased man would have the complete audacity to disagree in the face of such evidence.

You forget about the biased mans followers mate,
Itā€™s frankly ridiculous that COCā€™s movement is being used as a stick to beat him with, clueless in the extreme, youā€™re wasting your time mate.

+1. Weā€™ve got a lot of posters who rely almost exclusively on TV and internet (like the Galway lads and @croppy_boy) and probably havenā€™t seen Oā€™Connor play in the flesh more than once or twice.

He relies almost totally on players bursting through the middle (Oā€™Shea and marauding defenders usually) and Andy Moranā€™s outstanding and unselfish movement. Oā€™Connor generally looks for a handpass or comes on a basic wrap around when the defensive attention is diverted to these other players who have actually won the hard possession (e.g. equaliser in AIF last year) but nobody has questioned his accuracy.

Heā€™s a very good shooter and free taker but his movement and pace is below average. Heā€™s also weak on his left foot as the poor point attempt which hit the bar on Sunday showed.

He spends large parts of games completely stationary, standing behind his man and pointing / gesticulating at the man in possession to recycle the ball or take it in another direction. Heā€™s completely the opposite of Stephen Oā€™Neill whose movement was exemplary.

2 Likes

Ah itā€™s good to point out an flawed argument like that. The last thing youā€™d want is a newbie coming on here and thinking that we let that shit fly here.

Itā€™s getting as ridiculous as his arguments about Messi and the Gooch at this stage.

3 Likes

Jesus will you stop trying to rile him up

My God imagine using a primary source as evidence. I donā€™t know what I was thinking of.

Iā€™ve seen him play in person 4/5 times at this stage I think. He wins plenty of his own ball despite his lack of speed off the mark.

I seriously canā€™t believe that youā€™re using the Mayo game plan of having big players draw away marker to allow him shoot as a stick to beat him with. Next thing youā€™ll be criticising Robbie Keane for relying on Niall Quinn to knock the ball on with a header against Germany in 2002 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen him play in person at least 13 times and I disagree.

So there.

Oh no! A level headed and non biased person who makes salient points and leave his (or her) opinion out of it has backed him/them up.

Wait, I was wrong, itā€™s @Sidney

Carry on :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Youā€™re fucked now, at least nobody whoā€™s walked the walk up to Siggersson level has weighed in against you. :cold_sweat:

How can you lose a marker from a dead ball? McNamee was tasked with making Moran, he let him run, two players were dragged to Moran who slipped it to Oā€™Connor who was free and scored a point. In case you didnā€™t know, you canā€™t mark a man who is taking a dead ball, you raving spazzy.