2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

What exactly is McNamee up to here so?

I donā€™t know Cillian Oā€™Connor but I dislike the bloke purely from watching his actions on the field.

For example I recall him jumping around and banging the ground trying to get the refā€™s attention in the replay last year against the Dubs when he was barely touched.

He also has a head on him that youā€™d love to smack.

To me he epitomises the arsehole modern day player. Delights in being seen as an athlete and all that goes with it when in the end he has fuck all to back it up. I am sure he was one of the players who wanted rid of Connelly/Holmes because they didnā€™t meet the level of perfection in coaching that the players demand - fuck off win an All Ireland before you can start making such ā€˜demandsā€™.

That said I think he is a good player. He rarely misses his frees and has gotten a few big scores for Mayo down the years including an equaliser in 2015 semi in Croker versus Dublin, He is nowhere near the level of Padraic Joyce though.

2 Likes

Heā€™s after running out of his full back position to meet Oā€™Connor who was free all to do with a great selfless run from Moran. Oā€™Connor takes his score well but the good movement is all from Moran, he runs across the face of the goal, takes two Tyrone men to him and slips the ball to an unmarked Oā€™Connor.

Can you really not see what is in front of you. Moran makes the run for to recieve the ball and McCrory goes to cover him while McNamee waits to face the oncoming Oā€™Connor. Oā€™Connor ghosts past him and leaves him for dead scoring from about seven yards out and outside of the parallelogram.

There is none so blind as he who cannot see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFchqT-eI8

An excellent player throughout his career. His utter roasting of the then All Ireland winning and All Star full back Michael Shields from Cork in the 2011 quarter was one of the great Croke Park performances.

I played sigerson and I can confirm that Oā€™Connor is a chump

1 Like

Problem as I see it is that a few people have developed a strange personal dislike to the player and itā€™s clearly clouding their judgement of his merits as a footballer, Iā€™ve never met him so I canā€™t make that call but heā€™s a really good footballer.

1 Like

Fuck. :astonished:

That never happened.

Iā€™m somebody who is i) actually knowledgeable about the game and ii) has seen Oā€™Connor play numerous times in person.

You fail on both counts.

Wearing sunglasses indoors, as you admit to doing, is not the best way to see whatā€™s happening on a Gaelic football pitch.

1 Like

Look, COC is a good player, but not a great player.

Move the fuck on.

1 Like

Have you seen whoā€™s arguing here FFS?!!

I agree with that. I wouldnā€™t have him up there with the like of Joyce, Cooper, Canavan, Forde, etc but I would have him as one of the best in the country at the minute.

The guy has lovely technique and is well able to take a score - Not as dynamic or robust as others but you canā€™t have it all ā€¦ I mean, FFS!

1 Like

Yep. He also looks like a fella who tries to get the most out of his abilities, for both himself, and more importantly the team. In fact, he would appear to be the ultimate team player. Has a nasty streak, but (to the best of my knowledge) I havenā€™t seen him push an official, or go to the CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC and DRA to appeal any suspension, and Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s never been in the courts for assaulting a fella in a bar. All in all, Iā€™m not sure what the fuss is about.

1 Like

Heā€™s a great player when he isnā€™t hiding

Thatā€™s like saying Theresa May is a great election campaigner when she isnā€™t hiding.

I laughed at this

I think Peadar might be better off if the players did go back to their clubs.

2 Likes

Whatever about Peadar, I think the players might anyway.

The first big argument of the summer and its only June. :slight_smile: