2017 All Ireland Under 21 Football Championship

Yip, the way he plays its a huge amount. Like 86 games for the Irish rugby team. He kills himself ohysically and i think he is carry 5 kg as well. He will breakdown at some stage. It will be a litany of injuries. He has already shown all the signs and i believe he is only thrown together some games.

However this would only grow the appreciation of him. But will shorten his career.

Fuck off with your rugby :sweat_smile:

I always thought you were an ingenious WUM Kev. Now I think you’ve gotten away from yourself.

STOP

Third tier or below. Saying they are second ring is the kind of shite you’d hear on the Sunday Game.

You must really think Mayo are fucked so given the mileage and age profile of their squad, Dublin too.

Sean Cavanagh and Justy are the only players in their 30s.

Colm Cavanagh and McCarron will hit 30 during the year.

After that they are all pretty much 27 or under. We have by far the freshest and youngest squad of the big 4 sides.

Of course we know you don’t really believe what you say. You’re a motor mouth with little conviction in what you speak.

We have been here before. Armagh continually hyped up year after year and continually flop. They’re just not very good.

Here was the fighting talk on 14 June 2015 as Armagh began their Ulster Championship campaign against Donegal.

[quote=“Nembo_Kid, post:557, topic:19514”]
Armagh’s divisional status is a huge outlier this year. They are on the top 8 teams in the country right now. [/quote]

It finished up Donegal 2-11 Armagh 0-8, followed by an early exit for Armagh in Round 2 of the Qualifiers.

29 May 2016 as Armagh began their Ulster Championship campaign against Cavan.

It finished up Cavan 2-16 Armagh 0-14 - which flies in the face of the assertion that Cavan’s performances in Championship are at best on a par with Armagh over the last few years. That hammering to Cavan was followed by defeat for Armagh to Laois (twice) in Round 1 of the Qualifiers.

4 Likes

Armagh beat Cavan by 6 points in 2014 and have a few big players returning this year that were not available in 2016.

They’ve pretty much been a mess under McGeeney but I feel they are turning the corner now, time will tell.

Clamp-diddy-clamp-clamp-clamp

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Mayo are much better looked after than Tyrone. However i do think they need an influx of players soon and another 1-2 elite scoring forwards. And a change of approach to their attacking tactical play.

One of their coaches from Horan era believe they never put enough time into it. It shows.

Much better looked after?

That sounds like the sort of throwaway comment that some chap would throw out when he’s been caught spoofing. Vague and ambiguous in the extreme.

How would you know how both sides are looked after in any case?

Because i am in that game. I’m part of groups and forums. I go to conferences and talk to some of the people involved, i know some of these coaches.

Tyrone hace all the basics and get well looked after. But they don’t have the level of expertise in the backroom other sides have. Harte still wields huge control and keeps ot very small and tight.

Thats absolutely inarguable.

In other words you haven’t a clue, you just put blind trust in second hand information.

It is incredibly arguable as you haven’t a notion about what you are talking about, you’re just throwing vague statements out there in the hope it will sate those who contend the nonsense you pedal. You are a spoofer and a second grade one at that.

Looks like Galway will be coming out of Connacht.

2-13 to 1-09 with about 10 mins or so left.

You’d imagine that it will be Dublin and Kerry coming out of Leinster and Munster respectively.

Donegal will be favourites in Ulster but could come unstuck against Cavan or Armagh/Derry.

Ooooooft

Apologies for bringing the topic back to U-21 football, but the Munster final is on tomorrow night:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=268233

[quote].

The Kerry team for Wednesday night’s Ugly Pylon Munster U21FC final against Cork shows four changes from the side that defeated Waterford in the semi-final.

Brain Ó Beagaloich, Brandon Barrett and Matthew O’Sullivan who missed that game due to injury return to the starting fifteen as does Gavin White of Dr Crokes who was club-tied on that occasion. They replace Jack Morgan, Cormac Coffey, Barry O’Sullivan and Lee O’Donoghue.

Kerry (U21FC v Cork):

1. Shane Ryan (Rathmore)
  2. Tom (Leo) O’Sullivan (Dingle)
  3. Jason Foley (Ballydonoghue)
  4. Brian Sugrue © (Renard)
  5. Brian Ó’Beaglaoich (An Ghaeltacht)
  6. Tom O’Sullivan (Dingle)
  7. Gavin White (Dr. Crokes)
  8. Andrew Barry (Na Gaeil)
  9. Brian Ó’Seanacháin (Ballydonoghue)
  10. Brandon Barrett (Ardfert)
  11. Sean O’Shea (Kenmare)
  12. Matthew Flaherty (Dingle)
  13. Killian Spillane (Templenoe)
  14. Matthew O’Sullivan (St Michaels-Foilmore)
  15. Cathal Bambury (Dingle)

Subs:
16. Eoghan O’Brien (Churchill)
17. Barry O’Sullivan (Dingle)
18. Jack Morgan (Austin Stacks)
19. Conor Geaney (Dingle)
20. Cormac Coffey (Kerins O’Rahillys)
21. Daniel O’Brien (Glenflesk)
22. Jordan Kiely (Dr. Crokes)
23. MicheĂĄl Burns (Dr. Crokes)
24. Roibeard Ó’SĂ© (An Ghaeltacht)
25. Mark Ryan (Rathmore)[/quote]

1 Like

No starter from the BIG 3 in Tralee.

Jack O’Connor points out that recent history is against Kerry as they prepare for tomorrow night’s Munster U21 FC final against Cork.

Having claimed the last three All-Ireland minor titles, the Kingdom are red-hot favourites to bag the last-ever All-Ireland U21 football championship but will have to overcome a terrible record at that level - and a long losing streak at Pairc Ui Rinn - to claim the provincial silverware on Wednesday:

“The minor wins guarantee you nothing,” their manager told The Irish Examiner. “They have developed a great bond and a great understanding from their time at minor, but we can’t afford to be focusing or talking about anything else but Cork considering our record against them, especially in Pairc Ui Rinn.

“Kerry haven’t won up there in 20 years. When you look at the amount of good players who have since gone on to star at senior level, that tells you how difficult the task is going to be. I think the stat that really jumps out is the fact Kerry have only won one Munster U21 title in the last 15 years. That’s a grim statistic.

“This is the game fellas are really looking forward to for the last 12 months. This is a chance for us to have another go at them. They have 10 fellas from last year and we weren’t good enough for them then. We’ll just see have we improved sufficiently to get one over on them.”

Cork team too:

The Cork team to play Kerry in the EirGrid Munster U21Football Championship Final next Wednesday 29th March @ 7.30pm in Pairc Ui Rinn has been announced as follows.

1. Ross Donovan - Nemo Rangers
  2. Sean Daly - Dohenys
  3. John Mullins - Eire Óg
  4. Sean Wilson - Douglas
  5. Jerry O’Riordan - Carbery Rangers
  6. Aidan Browne - Newmarket
  7. Cian Kiely - Ballincollig
  8. Kevin Flahive - Douglas
  9. Eoin Lavers - Dohenys
  10. Brian Coakley - Carrigaline
  11. Sean Powter - Douglas
  12. Sean O’Donoghue - Inniscarra (Captain)
  13. Gary Murphy - Castletownbere
  14. Stephen Sherlock - St Finbarr’s
  15. Michael Hurley - Castlehaven

Subs
16) Chris Kelly- Eire Óg
17) Kevin O’Donovan - Nemo Rangers
18) Daniel Meaney - St Michael’s
19) Liam O’Donovan - Clonakilty
20) Sean O’Leary - Bantry Biues
21) Mark Buckley - Dohenys
22) Sean O’Donovan - Ilen Rovers
23) Tim Foley - Bantry Blues
24) Michael Dineen - Naomh Aban

Not resting Hurley & O’Donoghue for this one. Pricks.

Eh both were injured going into the Limerick game.

Looking forward to going to Pairc Ui Rinn tonight. Should be a big crowd and a cracking atmosphere under the lights.