2017 All Ireland Under 21 Football Championship

An u21 player for Kerry with a sleeve tattoo.

Game is gone man.

cc @myboyblue

1 Like

Matthew O’Sullivan off for Kerry, Jordan Kiely on. Scored the goal, very good target man throughout too, big and strong.

Goal! Conor Geaney!

Absolutely class from Spillane to win the ball and lay it off. He’s a real footballer.

Can’t wait until Donegal smash Kerry in this.

And hopefully the end of Hayes and his merry band of tracksuit wearers

1 Like

Final Score: Kerry 2-16 Cork 0-06.

Think Cork only had one point from play, just completely fell apart in the second half.

Dubs cruising. Byrne and Murchan from Na Fianna decent. O’Callaghan is an outrageous ball winner - don’t think he’s lost one tonight and has around 6 points. Has also worked like a dog to win ball back. Offaly look out on their feet.

Last minute goal for Dublin, they’re up by 12.

Am I right in typing that the semi finals are Connacht vs Munster and Leinster vs Ulster ?

The Cork u-21 captain was in the Cork Examiner today giving it the Billy Big Bollocks. Comments like “all this talk about so called Kerry superstars” and “we’re still the reigning champions.”

He came across as an utter fool. Even more so now. Sent home with Barry’s Tea in his mug by a Kerry team who hardly opened their mouth in the build up.

1 Like

Instructed by over bearing management. He was echoing that gobshites words. Sad to see

Ah here, you can’t blame the management for what words the captain bizarrely comes out with the day before a big knock out championship match.

All the young lad had to say was “we believe in ourselves and feel we can perform to a level necessary to win.” Had a gut feeling Cork were in trouble when I saw those comments today.

I’m not getting into a row with you but find it bizarre how you’ll hammer some management set ups (Cork u-21’s) but totally exonerate others from any blame (Ger Cunningham etc)

What Cork team did Ger Cumningham destroy? The ayers wanted him to take over ffs.

There was a clear agenda with the u21 footballers. I know alot more things that hapoened that i do 't want to say as they were told to me by coaches of other teams. But their carry on for 3 years has been a disgrace. There literally could be another team picked that would rival tonights selection in standard. SOD was sent out to sing off a hymn sheet. They may not have won regardless, but given the footballers they were given this managemebt have failed. They are an outdated management type.4 selectors who do fucking nothing. I know the analysis is pathetic of opposition, its not really done at all.

The CB are ultimately responsible. They hire and fire.

The players have to take responsibility as well, but they are down the list.

The clubs ??

What?

Was in pairc ui rinn. Kerry at a different level altogether. Much more comfortable on the ball in poor conditions.

Their bench is sick. No better man than Jack O’Connor to keep them gounded

1 Like

UCC Fitgibbon

Do the clubs bear any responsibility for the poor results over the past few years in both codes. I think they are getting away scot free in the analysis .

Serious question .

1 Like

In the sense that they are pussies when it comes to the CB yes. But most reps are CB men. Now should the clubs be kicking up??? Yes, they have and they have been shot down. Its a layered cabal. CB Executive, CB, Divisional Boards. Jobs gor eceryone and free dinners if they stay onside.

On playing side no, they are completely blameless. Quite a few players go into cork teams and come out worse. Nemo and Castlehaven fellas in particular.

Cork clubs in hurling and football have a poor record in senior club competitions in the past decade and more . NTS were a freak .