2017 All Ireland Under 21 Football Championship

Let me be clear, i’m delighted Kerry went to town on what should have been a very competitive team. Might get something done. Its clear it has to hit rick bottom first

Nemo were superb for a long time and kept a couple of very good teams back.

However this is partially the CB 's fault as well. The leagues and championships are a joke.

However collectively there is a poor culture of selection at all levels on what constitutes a good “footballer”. The pace of the Cork game is ridiculous, or it was, it has gone back a bit too. Ob a par where Dublin is now. But still lacking some of the class overall of Kerry or Dublin championships.

So thats everyones issue i suppose.

Also must be said, why there isn’t a copying of tge Nemo model of club across the board at least in the city is bizare. Ironically i believe Cork Con have taken that approach with a concerted effort o produce skillful players and put winning down the pecking order till u18

Who did they lose to the hurlers? The majority of young dual players have gone to football, not hurling, recently. Would be surprised if O’Donoghue and Meaney play u-21 hurling this year.

Kingston to Seniors, a few more to 21’s. Xan’t remember off hand.

Cahalane and O’Leary are both very good footballers. Now whether they wanted to play at all is another issue. I think they had 3 walk outs. Duninn and Dorgan anyway i think.

Apparently some of the players playing and not playing only found out last night.

Of the current senior panels, lads that opted for hurling:

• Alan Cadogan
  • Shane Kingston
  • Damien Cahalane
  • Lorcan McLoughlin
  • Micheal Cahalane

The lads that opted for football:

• Peter Kelleher
  • Mark Collins
  • Ian Maguire
  • Colm O’Neill
  • Aidan Walsh
  • Eoin Cadogan
  • Kieran Histon
  • Kevin O’Driscoll
  • Sean Powter

So the footballers got more out of it. And I’d be surprised if Meaney and O’Donoghue are playing hurling this year. O’Leary didn’t play for Cork underage in football as far as I can tell.

I do not get your point.

And McGuire, Histon, Kevin o’Driscoll, Powter, Kelleher were never candidates for hurling anyway. Thats just throwing out names.

Here is what i am saying.
• CB support the hurling way way better. Thats a financial fact now.
• CB do not really give a fuck who they get to do Football jobs.
• CB then ridicule and undermine many of the football people involved. Good coaches stay away.
• Hayes and his management team are a joke. Had not realised but they went with a sweeper for the 1st time ever last night. Started working on it last week. Took sweeper off after 20 mins. Spoofers.
• Players have been used as pawns by u21 management. U21 dual ayers were forced to train with both squads on a saturday the day after having played Sigerson. Players were forced to play challenge games the night before Sigerson/Fitz and threatened with dropling off squad if they did not play challenge games.

How can a team operate like that. Why would lads play for a manager like that? It was always likely that when the pressure came on they would fold. This is the 3rd time that has happened with Hayes u21 teams. Sheer ability nearly won them 2 AI’s.

Its always the people who didn’t play or coach much that miss that mental side of things.

You stated that people were complaining footballers losing players to hurling, I pointed out that that’s bullshit as the footballers have gotten more dual players over the past few than the hurlers. Whats not to get?

Histon and Kelleher were even bit as good at hurling than at football at Minor level btw.

You named 5 guys who were never called to County hurling panels you thick cunt, just to fill out your argument.

Its in fucking black and white from manager and captain that hurlers refused to play for them. Chris O’Leary, Kingston and someone else who i cannot remember were referenced. Right up to the last interview with the captain. This years u21’s were comaining. So Powter is the only one relivant to your argument and he can’t even make the Douglas team ffs

Sligo lead Galway by 5 points at half time.

Gone to extra time, on the gaa and TG4 website. We have some class players coming through, val dalys son Michael is off the chain. Sligo relying on frees and a penalty for scores, but it’s all to play for here ger

1 Like

Galway up by 8 near end of first period of ET, totally dominant.
Streaming quality on TG4 better than GAAGO, RTE wankers.

1 Like

Facile win in extra time, were so dominant all second half it should never have gone that far. The real talking point is the amount of dodgy hairstyles on display from both sides.

@myboyblue has a great interest in young lads hairstyles so he can give us a report.

1 Like

Kerry v Galway

Dublin v Cavan or Donegal or Armagh or Derry

No better county man than a Laois one to critique underage gobshite hairstyles

2 Likes

This man immediately springs to mind

Him and his cousin, the men for whom a code of conduct with regards dress on the field had to be introduced. But there was worse

Keith Flint played for Laois?

2 Likes

Laois were always rock n roll pal. We play the game for the bitches drugs and booze.