2017 All Ireland Under 21 Football Championship

Insert video of bleached scobes fighting each other in warm up.

Kevin Smyth, one of about 5 without bleach that day, took offense to a moral boosting puck in the throat in the post half time huddle and let fly.

He’s currently in charge of S&C in Stade Francais. Kevs alright.

1 Like

I watched the second half.

Few impressive perfomers for Galway were the two wing backs, the ginger lad in midfield and Daly and Finnerty in the forward line.

Daly seems the star perfomer there and but I’d say the two wing backs are the most ready for senior football at the minute. One of the wing backs is the lad with the bun who plays for Corofin.

I’d imagine Galway will be challenging for an All Ireland in about next three years and should overtake Mayo in Connacht if they get their management team right and keep on developing.

Is Michael Meehan back?

Meehan is done. He shattered the ‘good’ ankle at training last week. He had scored 1-3 against Westmeath in his only appearance in a challenge. They’re not very happy in Caltra

That’s tough, the man has no luck.

3 Likes

they were the standouts alright, serious pace on mcdaid on the right wing and molloy was very comfortable, be interesting how they go under the cosh against kerry

The Caltra manager wrote a bitter and childish letter to Kevin Walsh over the matter.

Walsh has responded with the following statement:

'Once again the Caltra manager, master tactician of the blame game, has struck out in his comments today, criticising both myself and Michael Meehan.

'Perhaps a review of Caltra’s pre-season programme might provide some enlightenment.

'Michael had a magnificent challenge game for Galway last month, playing his last and only game in very early March. He then returned to Caltra after a very short break, but only 11 days later, he played his first of three games, all within an eight-day period, against Corofin, Tuam Stars and Annaghdown. Overloading?

'It should be added that Michael last played competitively for his county on July 27, 2013 - almost four years ago. Since that time he has been totally under Caltra’s supervision.

'Michael is diligent and conscientious in his professional preparation.

‘Perhaps, in this instance, quiet introspection may serve the Caltra manager and his medical staff better.’

Ooooft.

4 Likes

What a belting

That’s cold, man.

Edit. Actually it’s not, is it?

Statement by Caltra manager Gabriel Naughton:

“Michael had an injury when he reported for duty with Galway last month.”

“Our medical team made the Galway medical team aware of this, of course.

“Caltra’s medical team advised extreme caution not only due to the current injury, but also due to the previous injuries.

“The assessment from the Galway medical team was that it would be high risk for Michael to play against Westmeath.

“Then Michael decided to play for his county, so when asked if he was fit to play, he said he felt was fit and he was selected to start the game by the Galway manager, who in my opinion, in this instance, was not protecting the player.

“Clearly Michael was not fit to play. He had trained for only two days with Galway and he broke down in training following that game.

“He had played only one game from the start in 2017. He did not play for three weeks before the Westmeath game.

“In my opinion, he would need at least one full week of training sessions to be declared fit and I have spoken to Michael. He needs to take responsibility for this. It is not the first time.”

Article from 42.ie from today

Meehan comeback - ‘When he walked into the dressing-room, the place nearly froze just in awe’ http://the42.ie/3321948

Who is this fucking manager?

What a knobend. Clearly hasn’t a notion what he is on about.

On a side note, a friend of mine was pinting with Meehan saturday night at what looked like a wedding. Like he was in a whatsapp group or something he plastered ouctures of himself and Meehan all over the clubs facebook page with half written messages, and a bit of an teasing intro to the first few pics

“Have a new players lads…”

“Look who i met lads…”

“Signing this year…”

“Look who it is…”

“Sound fella…”

Meehan looked quite happy to partake and they both looked twisted.

It was very funny.

:laughing:

5 Likes

Please help.

What emoji do I use to reply to Kev’s post above?

Deary me @caoimhaoin :grinning:

Yer awful cunts :grin:

1 Like

The Ulster U21FC final has been fixed for next Monday evening, April 10.

The decider would have taken place this Wednesday had last week’s two semi-finals between Cavan and Donegal and Derry and Armagh not been postponed due to waterlogged pitches in Enniskillen and Omagh. The two semi-finals have been rescheduled for Wednesday night, with the winners meeting in the final on Monday at 8pm at a venue yet to be decided.

The eventual Ulster champions will be in action again on Saturday week, April 15 against Dublin in the All-Ireland semi-final, meaning they will play three big knockout games in the space of 10 days

Whats wrong with ya?

Derry 0-07 Armagh 0-04
Donegal 0-11 Cavan 0-03

Armagh 1-6 Derry 0-8