2017 All Ireland Under 21 Football Championship

Donegal 0-13 Cavan 0-6

Donegal 1-15
Cavan 0-06

Derry 0-10
Armagh 1-08

The Oā€™Neill brothers leading the charge tonight for Armagh, what players these lads are going to be.

Donegal 2-16
Cavan 0-09

Derry 0-13
Armagh 1-10

Derry 0-14
Armagh 1-10

1 min of normal time remaining.

Oisin Oā€™Neill levels in 4th minute of injury time. Still playing.

Donegal 3-17
Cavan 0-13

Derry 0-14
Armagh 1-11

Extra time awaits

Derry 0-18 Armagh 1-13

About seven minutes left of extra-time.

Edit. One point game now.

Derry 0-18 Armagh 1-14 (5 mins left)

Derry lead by 3, 2 minutes left.

Derry win 0-21 to 1-15.

Another magnificent Ulster under-21 match.

1 Like

Why have Donegal not been more talked about to win this? I know they still have to get past Derry first on Monday but Iā€™d expect them to do so, Derry are decent but Donegal should prevail.

The senior side have been impressive this year in the league and itā€™s backboned by the u21 side. Theyā€™ve been playing together since January and pitted themselves against senior county sides in the McKenna Cup which was a de facto u21 side so they will have a lot more time together and more game practice than any other team this year.

Of the team that finished the league against Mayo last weekend, 5 of the starters were u21 - Gallagher, Brennan, Carroll, Mulligan and McGee. Ciaran Gillespie didnā€™t partake but would be the most likely starter for the seniors this season from the u21 crop as he had already pretty much nailed down a spot last year. Theyā€™ve had 10 u21s see league action this year and are slowly getting back to match fitness.

I saw a bit of Kerry in action against Cork, very dangerous forward line but Iā€™d question them defensively. I also think that Donegal look much more physically developed at this stage of their careers, theyā€™re a really big physical side - McGee is midfield is a freak. Saw the highlights against Mayo at the weekend and he was towering over Tom Parsons for Mayo and he looks to have packed on a fair bit of muscle too.

Iā€™d be backing them to win it.

Southern media bias maybe? Throw up your docket before they romp to victory anyway

You seem offended at the notion someone could back another team over Kerry.

You frequently imagine what might offend me. Iā€™m okay with people backing Tyrone, Kerry or Pluto if they think thereā€™s value in it.

The tone of your post says it all. Keep the facade that it doesnā€™t bother you up though.

ā€œKeep the facade upā€ would make more sense as opposed to the garbled nonsense you posted.
In any case Iā€™ve been impressed by Donegalā€™s younger brigade in the league and if you threw up a price Iā€™d think about backing them for the outright?

You have Google yourself. If your gut reaction wasnā€™t defensiveness about someone having the temerity to back someone over Kerry then you might have chanced Google to have a look at odds. Youā€™re very quick to jump to defence in these matters which bares a stark contrast to the ambivalence you proclaim, it seems very disingenuous to me but people can decide on it for themselves.