2018/2019 Irish Jumps trainers championships (horses)

All down to Punchestown again and Fairyhouse at Easter to a lesser extent. Odds on Willie retaining the crown as he overcame substantial deficits in the last 2 years. Gordon’s quest for the title I fear will continue till next year at the earliest.

He’d want to be winning the Irish National again this year to have any hope

I thought it went on money and not number of winners

Cash is king

Why is shite box above going on about only 16 behind?

He’s simple?

Elliott has specifically timed his training so that his horses peak for the run in.

He’s moved into a different gear, and Mullins’ hold on the championship is disintegrating by the day.

Mullins is getting his excuses in early:

1 Like

How would Mullins sending a “weaker team” to Cheltenham have an effect on the Irish Jumps Trainers title then?

2 Likes

Ooooooooooooft. Its actually likely to have the opposite effect

His stable is in disarray, mate. Mullins has been seriously rattled by Elliott cutting his lead by more than half, and you can see the tension in his horses.

You clearly know nothing about horsey racing, so you’d be best off not embarrassing yourself here.

I know enough to know that the Irish Jumps trainers title is decided by prize money :man_shrugging:

Untrue.

It is decided by earnings.

Mullins has decidedly more despite almost 400 less runners.

Lads, just ignore him for fuck sake. He’ll just get bored and go work on something else that’s equally as tiresome

The Irish Jumps Trainers’ Championship (aka the Championship) is decided by number of winners, pal.

You’re just embarrassing yourself here.

Id hate to see him blaggard @Copper_pipe like this

@sidney, I presume you’ve removed the INH flat races from your figures if you’re just counting jumps races? If you haven’t then you might come back to us with the correct figures.

National Hunt flat races are included in the total in the same way that Irish players are included in the British Loins without mention of their Irishness, pal.

That you’re even asking this question shows up a shocking lack of knowledge on your part.

Willie Mullins has crossed the 200 mark and has mathematically clinched the title.

He’s 25 ahead of Gordon Elliott, whose late season form tailed off dramatically with his distractions at Aintree.

Liverpool cost him the title.

Well done Team Mullins and all supporters of Team Mullins.

The off season is going to be some comedown.

@mickee321 - please get the 2019/20 season thread started.

I think next year is going to finally be our year.