2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Now Binky I fear it did. About 4 carriages emptied out in Longford as the remaining 5/6 rolled on to Carrick. The good news is they didnā€™t disembark in Dromod - thereā€™s fuck all to pillage in Dromod.

1 Like

Hope Kildare hold tough on this. Absolute farce if the GAA just ploughed on and fixed Kildareā€™s home game in Croker without any consultation and agreement with their county board (though not altogether surprising). Since Cian Oā€™Neill is appearing on the main news Iā€™m going to assume this is the case.

1 Like

What!ā€™s that ? A recreation of the Nuremberg rally .

1 Like

Looks like Charlie Flanaganā€™s family got some nice seats.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s only one side in Leinster who control the media in a manner the Naziā€™s would be proud of bro.

2 Likes

Because he is well spoken?

Seems to spook alot of irish people

Fistybogball :smile:

1 Like

You have Muldoons blown away when someone can string two sentences together without juā€™know, lookit, shur etc. etc.

You have have lads racing to throw up a post here in pure amazement saying x spoke very wellā€¦

1 Like

All the gaa have to say is grand ye can host it in newbridge but if there is an injury or insurance claim, we are hands off and it will be on Kildare county board.

Theyā€™ll be up to the pale with their caps doffed

Utter tosh by Shannon and childish by DB .

2 Likes

If Kildare could get Cavan to back them up theyā€™d be in a far stronger position. Cavan probably donā€™t feel that strongly about it though given they wouldnā€™t have been getting a home game either way and they donā€™t get to play in Croke Park very much.

At this stage does the ā€œgetting to play st Croke Parkā€ hold any traction .?

Cavan have played there bit over the last 5 years and letā€™s be honest the crowed would be small on Saturday even it all counties wanted to play there .

I donā€™t think theyā€™ve played there in the championship since 2013?

When Roscommon and Tyrone had to play their All-Ireland quarter-finals in Castlebar and Clones respectively in 2001 they kicked up stink about it.

Mayo supporters were up in arms at having to go to Limerick rather than Croke Park for the semi-final replay in 2014.

I find it ironic that some people are saying that Dublin v Donegal should be played in Clones given that that would mean none of Donegalā€™s Super 8 fixtures would be in Croke Park.

I hope Kildare do dig their heels in here though as theyā€™re clearly in the right. It doesnā€™t matter it theyā€™ve given up home advantage for other fixtures - thatā€™s a complete red herring. They donā€™t want to for this, and they shouldnā€™t have to. Capacity issues are irrelevant too - if people canā€™t get tickets, tough.

I do feel thereā€™s an underhand agenda at play from the GAA here - probably both to placate Sky, and also with the unspoken aim of increasing Mayoā€™s chance of winning.

2 Likes

Oooft, outstanding from Shannon and Brady

Correct and correct

The GAA didnā€™t pick their enemy wisely here. It just so happens that three of the most high profile sports journalists in the country are from Kildare.

One is a full on controversialist, the other two rely on pushing controversy to stoke debate. All three will relentlessly push the Kildare position.

But the Kildare position is correct.

Liveline is going to be tremenjus today.