2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The irony of a wexford hurling fan typing this

All Ireland Football Finals have all been closely fought games this decade. 5 of the 8, 2010, 11, 13, 16 (after a replay) and 17 were all won by just 1 point. There was a 3 point winning margin in 2014 & 15 and a 4 point winning margin in 2012.

They failed to beat Dublin in 5 years, they had multiple goes at it, they came up short.

Enjoy the build up kid

2 Likes

Do you reckon him and the fellow Tyrone posters should not comment online before the game?

I reckon you should not comment online before the game, or during or after the game for that matter.

4 Likes

Wexford’s tactics are nought to do with me.

They did for sure.

Fixed

Beggan will have done his All Star prospects some harm today, for what they’re worth given the simpletons involved in choosing them. He’ll probably still get it as he’s a fine keeper and very important in the ending of the mongoloid useless bastards who have filled the position in the past, but it’ll really be a toss up between him and Brody now you’d feel.

:grin:

Really looking forward to rewatching both semis on TSG now.

Just said it there earlier, couldn’t even be arsed watching it tonight.

I reckon we now also have the possibility of seeing a Sunday Game being broadcast live from the Minor winning hotel.

25k more at the hurling semi finals than the football, despite many of the issues you identified being equally applicable to both. The attendances over the weekend should be a major worry for anyone with the best interests of Gaelic football at heart. Turns out people prefer watching games that are about skill and physicality than stamina and cowardice. All those who tried to tell us the modern game is tactically fascinating seem to be so busy compiling spreadsheets they don’t have time to attend games. The number of players in Croke Park this weekend who haven’t yet mastered the skill of soloing the ball was mind boggling.

Limerick are in the All-Ireland final because of stamina, mate.

im not as big a football man as ye lads @Cicero_Dandi but i watched the second half today and what Beggan did there today was the sign of a player who couldnt keep it together, that was money time then and he blew it- itll cost him an allstar much like id say Pat Horgan not closing the deal v limerick will cost him one also
now i now you are not picking an all star team but if cluxton keeps a clean sheet in the final and they win it as expected he’ll be getting one

1 Like
1 Like

Was this the first time the hurling semis drew bigger attendances than the football .

Shane Dowling is the main reason Limerick are in the hurling final, pal. Only someone with 64k posts on here could marvel at Dowlings stamina and physical conditioning.

Limerick clearly had superior stamina to Cork, mate. Cork were six points ahead of them within the last ten minutes and Limerick ran the legs off them in those last ten minutes and extra-time. At one stage they went seven points ahead which was a 13 point turnaround.

One player alone does not win you a semi-final played over 90 minutes, 23 players can, though.