2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

So if theyā€™d stopped the game with eight minutes to go tyrone would have lost by six. Mmmnnnn. Interesting.

Iā€™d hope Meyler is fit enough to start. McGeary is better coming off the bench and vice versa with Meyler. He hasnā€™t been able to get much training in that time but heā€™s considered the fittest player on that Tyrone team so hopefully heā€™s good to go.

I hope the rest helps Tyrone, by the time the semi final had concluded, Tyrone had played 8 games in 10 weeks and had to put a lot in to some of those games. Weā€™ve had a few lads carrying niggles into games so the three break has been a blessing to Tyrone.

Howard workmanlike?

Howard is sheer class

2 Likes

Agreed. Scully oh the other hand is a carbon copy of Gavin which in itself is an awful insult I realise.

Average age of the Tyrone starting side is 25 so plenty more left in this side to build on. Thereā€™s a nice balance to the current side, plenty of lads adding to the team year on year so I think weā€™ll win an All Ireland shortly, if not this year.

1 Like

Did your mate get sorted?

No?

Weather forecast for tomorrow is for RAIN.

The last 10 All Ireland Football Finals almost all very close affairs and plenty of high quality matches. 5 of the 10 won by just 1 point - 2010, 11, 13, 16 (and that in a replay) & 17, 3 won by 3 points - 2008, 14 & 15. The remaining two - 2009 & 12 both had 4 point winning margins.

As with any All Ireland Final, incumbent on both teams to do the occasion justice tomorrow. Nothing as bad on All Ireland Final day as the realization that thereā€™s a team in it who really shouldnā€™t be there and are just not up to it.

1 Like

The supposed ā€œgolden eraā€ of Gaelic football, the 2000s, gave us final margins of 4, 9, 1, 3, 8, 3, 13, 10, 4 and 4.

Yes those results somewhat skewed by a Mayo side in 2004 & 06 who unlike the Mayo sides of 1996-97 and 2012-17 really had no business been in a final and benefited as well from favorable draws and other circumstances. Cork got a clipping as well in 2007 but that was somewhat out of sync with the close outcomes on most of the Kerry v Cork matches in the 2005-10 era.

Mayo won their places in those finals as fairly as anybody else. They comprehensively beat reigning champions Tyrone in 2004 and beat Dublin in arguably the best game of the decade in 2006.

Four of the 10 finals had margins of 8 or more and only three were decided by one score or less.

Cork didnā€™t get close to Kerry in a knockout game until 2008.

Kerry beat them at their ease in Croke Park in 2002, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

Lots of people struggling for tickets for this. Nowhere near as freely available as some were suspecting.

2 Likes

yeah? I was lucky to get 1 for the hurling. I have got 3 for the football without hardly making an effort, gave them to a few dubs I know

Very scarce on the ground, big scramble back home for them. Looks like thereā€™s going to plenty of disappointed people regarding tickets.

1 Like

Must be hard for loyal supporters to watch fair weather fans like yourself going to their first game of the year

2 Likes

Huh.

I was at the semi final. Why are you lying?

1 Like

2nd?

Yes.

I assumed you hadnā€™t even seen the monaghan hame on television