2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Indeed proper footballing counties who play the game as it should be rather than the continuous cynical fouling on show today from Tyrone. Itā€™s a shame Monaghan didnā€™t get there today if only to bring the real Northern atmosphere which was sorely lacking.

5 Likes

It would have been a proper final then, today was a non-event. Tyrone were out of their depth.

1 Like

No. Just a decent ref.

1 Like

Hardlyā€¦

Well done Dublin, hard luck Tyrone.

No real excitement to the final. Dublin will have to be broken up, but let them win 5, 6, 7 in a row first.

Jesus but that Gaelic football is gone to total shit. Who would want to win that bollix acting. Gym monkeys fisting it around the place with gps tracking their every move.
Youā€™d yarn for the good ol days of the kerry greats. Spillane and them. Charlie nelligan. The great micko dwyer.

Thank God for the hurling now.

1 Like

Kerry will save football yet. I was down there this weekend. I can sense it. There is optimisim in the air. The Brazil of Gaelic football.

1 Like

:grinning:

2 Likes

Kerry are the natural title holders of proper football.

1 Like

Just stopping off in Lusk now guys.

Thought Lane refereed the game well to be fair, allowed it flow. Couldnā€™t really tell from the penalty incident whether it was or not. Thereā€™s room for improvement with Tyrone but itā€™s scary how much ahead Dublin are. They will win the next three anyway.

Fenton, McCaffrey, Howard, Kilkenny, McCarthy and Cooper are all serious players and Tyrone simply donā€™t have the physicality to match those lads.

I thought Hampsey and Rory Brennan performed really well for Tyrone. McAliskey and Bradley had a bit of joy too when the ball was going into them. Young McKernan had a tough day at the office.

Itā€™s a platform to build on but as far as I see itā€™s now a battle for second place for a number of these teams.

13 Likes

On the blue nun ???

Welcome Hone ??

Iā€™d agree with all of that. I think it was a penalty also. Didnā€™t think the ref was too bad at all tbh. Tyrone definitely waste time when they could be covering back niggling their opposite man after he has released the ball.

Heā€™s a headbanger, but he surely must be trolling on a huge scale. Surely nobody could be this deluded?

They have to travel home from the neutral venue of Croke Park.

1 Like

Def penalty to be fair, McCann didnā€™t try play the ball at all.

As I can be biased against Tyrone Iā€™d admire the way they ground out results this year. I was expecting something new, and possibly controvsial from Harte today but it never transpired. Do you reckon heā€™ll stay on? I hear he thinks he has unfinished business still and wants to win one for Michaela.

The Super 8 could be very sticky next year and the Dubs will hardly get two game their again, unless one is likely to be a dead rubber.

I think Kerry will come back stronger and would expect a serious kick on from Mayo. This yearā€™s experience will count towards Donegal. Fuck knows where Kildare and Galway actually are and Monaghan may take the semi final defeat extremely badly.

Essentially now we have a top 1 and anything between 3-6 teams in a second tier behind them.

There is some truth in what he is saying but the fact he gives the players or coaches absolutely zero credit for what they have done just kills his message IMO

Dublin and then pick another name out of a hat of 7/8.

Kerry are 2/3 years off. Look at that defence this year - thereā€™s no quick fix.
Mayo - you saw them reach the end. A lot of those guys are done, doesnā€™t seem to be too much filtering through right now.
Galway - they have potential and should kick on but they were carrying an awful lot of lads this year.
Tyrone/Monaghan/Donegal - all can progress from this year but I donā€™t think the scope is that much.
Kildare - probably the one side with the power, size and legs out around the middle of the pitch to match Dublin but lack the quality

The Super 8s were entertaining in respect as to there were very good exciting games between all those teams but Dublin are 2 levels above everyone else.

Mayo were the team who went toe to toe with them but they have Parsons wrecked now and guys like Seamie Oā€™Shea, Higgins, Boyle, Moran etc at the end of the road.

Harte will stay on, I donā€™t see any reason why he should go, other counties who won All Irelands in the 90s and 00s have fallen away in a way Tyrone havenā€™t and thatā€™s to do with Harte. I donā€™t think any team in the country has what it takes to beat Dublin right now and I donā€™t see that changing for about 2 or 3 years. Itā€™s a conveyor belt they have there and they are taking maximum advantage of resources that no other county can compete with.

The GAA will only take action on the Dublin problem when the finances of the game are hit.

1 Like

Sour grapes you clown, youā€™ve twice predicted Tyrone to beat Dublin this season alone :rofl: