2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Greatest ever lads.

Let the haters hate.

12 Likes

By my reckoning Duignan has successfully called everything that’s happened in the GAA in last few years.
“Like I said at the start of the year… “

You know things are bad when someone called Cyril clamps the fuck out of you.

2 Likes

The twelfth man. Lovely

They’re dropping already. Dublin v Galway in the semi final had thousands of empty seats.

Going to be a hard sell trying to promote the Leinster football championship for 2019.

Most counties have given up. The likes of Meath, Cork, Derry, Down - who have a proper footballing tradition - are a mess and miles away from being competitive, never mind winning it. The best Mayo side in decades is breaking up. Kerry can’t find defenders.

Can see Dublin winning another couple in a row, at least. When Kilkenny were winning all around them Tipp were the only side to put it up to them. Dublin’s only challenger in recent times has missed the boat and now look as far away from winning it as ever.

Football is really in a wretched state. Only a handful of decent games this year, if even that.

2 Likes

@glenshane, it was terrific to see an All Ireland winning team from Ulster on the pitch in Croke Park today.

1 Like

The Muldoons are now petrified about the Dubs killing stick hurling too, what a time to be alive!

2 Likes

Time for the National League to become the premier Gaelic football competition.

Hurling isn’t won in gyms . I Would love to Dublin competitive is stick hurling and I think coach Gilroy will do well next year .

Obviously, if Supermacs Guy is winning hurler of the year.

1 Like

A real pity they didn’t hold on against Kilkenny this year. Would have given some life to the Leinster championship. It was the expected three sides who all progressed.

I expect them to make serious inroads next year. I expect Leinster to be quite competitive in 2019, outside of Carlow and Wexford of course.

2 Likes

County football is in a state. Fair play to those Dublin lads, serious commitment to get anywhere near that squad on a match day. I remember Adrian mcguckin commentating on a Dublin league game. He said the best college footballer in the country had been training morning and night with Dublin for three years. He’d never even made the bench never mind the 15.

wasn’t it great to see MDM stick over a point today, proper football

1 Like

It’s health Asian street food . He is a paragon of healthy eating

Who was that?

Despite all the carping about Dublin’s advantages, they have a lot of seriously good and classy footballers. Tyrone despite all their preparation, structure and culture simply don’t have good enough footballers for that level today, particularly in the forwards. Not one forward of the calibre of Dooher, Stephen O’Neill, Brian McGuigan, Canavan or Mulligan. It was a real damp squib today after all the terrific Dublin v Mayo and Dublin v Kerry tussles of recent years. Kerry or Galway have more natural talent in their ranks than Tyrone. Whether they can get the rest of the package in place anytime soon is the big issue. There’s a serious motivation now for Kerry for 2019. Ultimately you’d imagine it will be Kerry who break this Dublin cycle of dominance.

The player? Can’t remember

So much for development squads…