2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

4 in a row, if I was asked a decade ago would Dublin win 4 All Irelands in a row i would have laughed. Delighted with this win, thought we were in trouble at start and it was going to be a step too far but then they got going and then there was no looking back. It was a peno, McCann took Mannion out with a move from wwe, how some folk can say it wasnt a peno are just taking the piss.

Start to planning for next year. Really need to sort out that full back line. Reckon there will be a few of the senior players finishing up now.

1 Like

The one tactic that worked for Tyrone (which they only belatedly employed late in the game) was pumping a few high balls in around the square. I’d imagine there’ll be a big of re-jigging in the Dublin defence for next year.

Yer man Tiernan McCann is not a proper footballer, he’s just a bouffanted Nancy-boy. The only time I remember him in the whole game was when he gave the peno away.

Tyrone will nothing with the likes of him in the team.

Here we go the Sunday Game. :grinning:

Please don’t quote that thick cunt. Dublin hurlers will win ten in a row if they win one. Fucks sake.
Dublin have been blessed with an outstanding manager coinciding with an absolutely brilliant spine of players meaning that like many great sides in their pomp, they can just freshen the team and squad up here and there.
Money does not buy you the depth of talent, heart and balls that the current Dublin senior panel have. They are admirable. Likeable bunch too in truth.

7 Likes

That was some catch by Howard at towards the end of the match when we were struggling under the high ball. Howard has been a sensation this year.

2 Likes

Is this the same Michael Duignan who cried like a baby and reckoned Offaly had turned the corner after a division 1b victory last spring

3 Likes

Those pushed, Basketball type finishes like for Scully’s goal should be banned IMO. I just find them a bit unseemly. The hand passed goal was done away with in hurling and these (two) palmed efforts should go from football also.

1 Like

It was the last weekend of January when they beat Dublin in that league game and Duignan was blowing about it.

Glad we softened their cough the following week.

2 Likes

I did get a nice Chinese that Sunday though

He could’ve punched it in just as easy.

Imagine we gave a fuck about either

2 Likes

Hard to see any player willingly leaving when they are so close to being real history makers. If anyone leaves it will be because they have a better man to replace him.
Good to see it demonstrated again today that a team can not hope to win an All-Ireland without even 1 class forward in their ranks. Kerry’s 5 in a row minor is an incredible achievement and that is where the main threat comes from and Dublin are becoming more vulnerable. The problem is that there is only 2 days now to really catch them and that is at semi-final or final stage, and they have so much experience at that stage it’s a huge task to cause an upset for any newcomers.
Would have been interesting to see how the game would have gone if Morgan had not done what he can always be relied to do. At that stage Dublin were being turned over frequently and Rocks freetaking was atrocious. But Morgan then gave the Dubs a gift and they never looked back.
It was a poor final and still probably one of the best games of the year which sums up the 2018 championship.

The yerrahs will be really seething should Dublin do the 5 in a row next year. It’s nice to see such an arrogant county have a front row seat to a period of Dublin dominance. However it is not good for the game. Above all the natural advantages conferred upon Dublin, the proximity of their players to work and training etc is vital. At least with Kilkenny you knew that eventually there would be a dip as JJ Delaney, Shefflin, Hickey etc came to their end and werent replaced. With Dublin they have maintained a constant conveyor belt of talent. I cant think of another county who could not have Connolly, Brogan, in their squad and still win. The biggest threat to Dublin over next few years might just be Kildare.

2 Likes

:smile:

Hope you didn’t lose a ball of lira Bob

Ah Johnny, you were going well till the end :laughing:

1 Like

Very funny to see all the spud munchers getting all flustered over Dublin winning.

Some really childish excuses rolled out.

Dublin was mobbed today with people out and about, oblivious to a game being on. That’s the nature of being a proper city. The GAA needs Dublin money and they have to invest in all the new uplands being built or they’ll lose the long game to sports organizations.

It’s still a 15 on 15 game, go out and beat them and stop being such whingers.

3 Likes

Its easier to whinge and moan rather than take a look at your own house and deal with some home truths.

O’Se was right there on when discussing the underage set up in Kerry where it is about getting the right people in in the right places. Most counties have poxy county boards who are more about their own self importance and piss money up against the wall on themselves rather than invest in putting the structures in place to be competitive.

2 Likes

Lads getting all flustered over Dublin winning 4 in a row and how damaging that is to a competitive tournament and the well being of the sport. A lot of the same lads are some of the biggest supporters of Glasgow Celtic here who are chasing 8 in a row and 10 in a row is the ultimate target.

4 Likes