2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Maybe, The hurling helmet began making an appearance at the same time the GAA made it illegal to kill hurling goalkeepers. Tipperary didn’t win an All Ireland for 20 years afterwards

2 Likes

Stopping a back pass to the goalie might be a simple idea. If they can’t kick it short and then get the hand pass back it would reward teams who push up on kickouts

Bar Cluxton, MDMA and possibly Philly all the rest if that team have at least one underage All Ireland Medal. It’s only the last couple of minor teams that have been poor. The Brazillian is a deluded fool.

UEFA changed rules because of an English team banned from Europe?

1 Like

no it was changed because of the shit state of football.

I’m not sure if the consequence was related. I was being facetious. Apologies

Apology accepted

Is it even worth watching the highlights?

Mayo lost three finals to Dublin by a point, one of those in a replay. Having the bare 15 and nothing off the bench cost Mayo at least one of those finals. Kerry pushed Dublin all the way in the 2013 & 16 semi finals and even in the 2015 final when they played badly. The 21 player nature of the game now is what gives Dublin the real edge. With Mayo over the hill and Kerry a mess, this was the first year that there was a chasm between Dublin and the rest. Galway and Tyrone just simply not at the level that even Mayo or Kerry were. Galway possibly have the necessary forward talent but lack the structure, organization and tactical nous. Its the other way around with Tyrone.

2 Likes

Watch it up until the Dubs score the second goal and you can turn it off then. You could probably turn it off after the first really.

1 Like

I think it’s not too much of a stretch to say Morgan cost Tyrone that All Ireland

1 Like

As much as a mess kerry turned out to be I’d imagine they’ll get their house in order next season. They must have 50 odd individual players that have won a minor all Ireland in the past five years and will surely patch together a team to beat Dublin. Tyrone should have played cavanagh inside from the start and reined high ball down on top of him. Galway also had a lot of joy with that tactic.

I’d say the standard of kicking at inter county level is higher than it ever was. It’s just the way the game is played. Lads aren’t allowed to kick it.

How come no dublin fans can debate ewan and mbb properly. Just a stream of, shut up, or its up to other counties to raise themselves :smile:

Important questions need to be asked, not for the first time oirish people afraid to question authority. Keep up the good work ewan.

As for reforming the game, good luck, who has the guts amongst the dinosaurs.

They can’t handle the truth

No. I started dinner with 10 minutes to go and just listened to it from the kitchen. I would say the viewing figures for last night’s Sunday Game should be interesting.

Who got MOTM actually?

Jack McCaffrey

So is that 2 finals in a row that he is MOTM and Small is sent off in?

Nope, James McCarthy got it last year.

Small’s second red card of the championship. That should lead to a lengthy ban, during which Dublin won’t be playing at all.

1 Like

Yes it’s worth watching. I watched it back this morning. The mind numbing spectacle of the second half was just what I needed on a fearful detox from Electric Picnic.