2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The sport is crying out for a Kerry win to give it some semblance of competiveness.

1 Like

This Dublin team has overcome tremendous adversary to win the title. The Muldoons need to get their own house in order and stop fantasising about breaking Dublin up.

2 Likes

Lads eulogisisng “Pep” on other threads and throwing shade on a volunteer coach of an amateur team who have devoted themselves to achievement of excellence and now stand on the brink of a unique 5 in a row.
A lot self hatred on here

Financial doping. They are coached by Jayo ffs.

Come on in. The seethe is lovely.

2 All Ireland Finals in a row as well?

Black card I think last year, but yes.

Could he get even more fucked over as it’s three times in the calendar year?

Yes, I’m interested to hear how this break up of Dublin is going to work bearing in mind 11 of the starting 15 yesterday were from within a few square miles on the northside. Will Na Fianna and Ballymun Kickham players be on opposite sides of the divide even though their clubhouses are about a mile apart?

Look at the Northsiders on the bench too, sure they could even give Dermo a call in new York if they wanted.

It would be north Dublin v south Dublin in the final.

1 Like

Might have to have a few teams from the northside. Maybe divide it along the lines of electoral constituencies. Teams from Dublin Bay North, Dublin Central and North Dublin.

Alphabetical would give a decent split. The split being in the middle of the Mcs.

There wouldn’t be much more interest in the Cork footballers than there is in Monaghan for your hurlers. Club game is v poor too. Plenty numbers playing it but no real interest in improving it as far as I can see

Two yellows last year for his red. Should have been the decisive moment and allowed Mayo go on to win but then Donal Vaughan intervened. I presume he is the first player to be sent off in two All-Irelands is he?

Three reds within 12 months so?

How long did he serve on the last suspension?

Yes but they’re all in place, nearly everyone of those lads has been brought through at this stage, granted they had the likes of young McGee, Gillespie, McHugh and Carroll not available this year for various reasons but they all have played senior championship football at this stage. They’ll definitely improve and get better but on the flip side there are quite a few players on the slide there as well. I don’t think I agree with you on the replacements for McGee and McGlynn, they are two of the best defenders to play in the last decade and are going to be very difficult to replace, I can’t see anyone coming into the side that wasn’t there this year that can offer what those two boys did.

Donegal for me are still a little too reliant on bringing through lads from great underage sides. There seems to be a massive fall off when they don’t have a successful underage side and I think that’s where Tyrone (and Monaghan to a lesser degree) are streets ahead of the other Ulster sides, they can bring 3 or 4 players every year from an age group, it’s important in sustaining things. I feel Donegal will be in a semi-transitional stage for another 3 or 4 years.

That would be box office. I think the break will come in time because it will make financial sense to have two super powers and not just one.

One game as it was a straight red. Only get suspension for 2 yellows if you do it three times in the year I think. He is a liability and when Kerry get their house in order they will target him.

Does calendar year count or is it current championship?

Dublin Dublin Dublin,I always love going there, a great sense of occasion, a great city, a great football county, only Kerry is better

3 Likes

Calendar year for intercounty. Small has some record in finals to be fair. First he started was 2016 drawn game and he was MOTM. Should have been black carded very early in replay (even the referee admitted he got it wrong), off after 2 yellows in both 17 & 18. Four senior medals for him now though which is all he will care about.

You don’t hear the Kerry folk whingeing and looking for Dublin to be broken up.

Proper football people.

1 Like

There was a better argument for breaking up Dublin when they were shit