2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

I agree. But last year the players seem to buy into Harte completely and didnā€™t mind playing shite football cos they felt they could win an All Ireland. Now they feel like itā€™s a waste of time and a pile of shit playing puke football for no reason. Sean Cavanagh has been very outspoken and there must be other lads still in the camp who feel the same.

But the two points appear at least somewhat contradictory.

Teams who donā€™t have the players and a coach who doesnā€™t know what heā€™s doing generally find it very difficult to reach the level Tyrone have done since 2015.

They tend to languish down around the lower reaches of Division 2 and below.

So they have the players but its the manager thats the problem?

If they are getting to the business end of the championship then they have the players. Last years semi final showed the tactical ineptness of Harte. He didnt know what to do against Dublin.

Tipperary got to the business end of the championship recently but thereā€™s no way they have the players to win an All-Ireland.

Iā€™m not sure Kerry have.

Malachy Oā€™Rourke is an excellent coach but he had no answer to Dublin in two All-Ireland quarter-finals.

RTE didnt bother their holes showing the worldy that McManus got. Will be one of the scores of the year. Retards.

Its all harteā€™s fault and they way he treats rte. He can forgive killers and rapists but not rte. :grinning:

2 Likes

:laughing:

Great line. But for all the things that make Mickey HArte a cunt the RTE thing is one thing Iā€™d completely forgive him.

Just did. They often do that save the best scores for the analysis

1 Like

RTE are a bunch of cunts and I wouldnt talk to them either. Harte is a complete gentleman. He may be antiquated in his views and everyones judgement can leave them down at times but he would do anything for you.

He sure would

Some of the point taking on display was exceptional in difficult conditions.

2 Likes

Hon. Rale.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/anthonymcgrath7/status/998306196292554752?s=19

2 Likes

Unbelievable, thereā€™s a small handful of players whoā€™ve ever played that could score that with any regularity. Heā€™s something else.

1 Like

That must have travelled the guts of 50 metres, in the wet.

Just back from that (traffic management in Omagh a disgrace) and I havenā€™t seen any tv footage yet so my facts might not be 100% (I couldnā€™t see either goal, I didnā€™t know Corey scored the Monaghan goal and I couldnā€™t see Harte being sent off. I was in the opposite terrace from all that). Anyway, some thoughts:-

• Healy Park was over 95% full.
  • beforehand Monaghan supporters were all expecting 2+ point victory.
  • we mostly got it fight but Iā€™m disappointed with that fluke goal right at the death that will save some Tyrone blushes and prevent a proper humilitation, which is what those cunts deserved.
  • an extremely high quality tie, far better standard than, say, the Tyrone v Donegal preliminary tie from a few years ago.
  • Tyrone weā€™re good, slightly better than I was expecting. Theyā€™ve a lot of good forwards but no truly great forwards.
  • To repeat, Tyrone fans are entirely delusional if they think theyā€™ve the players to win an AI. What special players do they have? Colm Cavanagh would struggle to start for Mayo. Peter Harte probably wouldnā€™t start for Dublin. Monaghan probably have (barely) more than 1 player who would start for Dublin. Do Tyrone?
  • Morgan is a good shot stopper but other than that a joke. He has to be one of the most mentally fragile players in Ireland. He looks like he should be running out with a teddy bear.
  • I thought beforehand Monaghan by probably 4. Monaghan only rarely cut through them like I was expecting. In the first half Monaghan were definitely holding back and very obviously had an extra gear. But like I said, Tyrone were good.
  • Tyrone might beat Mayo in the qualifiers but I think theyā€™re a little more vulnerable to the weaker sides than they realize. Harteā€™s lack of disappointment and ā€œbig visionā€ will help them enormously. Maybe Monaghan can learn from that next time theyā€™re in the qualifiers themselves.
  • Tyrone canā€™t win ugly without Sean Cavanagh. The fans will eventually learn this. With about 20 mins to go and it was tough and ugly,that was when SC got on the ball, charged on and won frees. Tyrone canā€™t do it without that and, in fact, are not that well suited to Ulster without him.
  • some genuinely exceptional forward play. Wonder points by Dessie Mone, Jack McCarron and Mansy. Highlight of the game was when Tyrone got right back into it, Mansy wins a free from a horrible angle, every Tyrone supporter in Healy Park starts booing him and he slots it over.
  • Niall Kearns is physically and technically very good and has a great career ahead of him but needs to grow mentally. Occasion got the best of him at times, he could have pushed on and scored a few points. One day he will be a leader but heā€™s very far away from that just now. Overall a great debut though.
  • Darren Hughes MOM for me. Donā€™t know who really got it.
  • I thought Tiernan McCann was going well, it seemed a strange substitution.
  • Typical Throne filth.
  • weā€™ve worked out how to use McCarron the best.
  • itā€™s cool that Oā€™Rourke has a long term plan of introducing McCarthy gradually but I donā€™t know how long this can continue. Obviously thereā€™s game-management as well though.
  • In fairness if Mickey Harte had his great old squad back he might, maybe, be able to in an AI with them.
  • the lack of focus on this fucking class Monaghan team continues to be inexplicable. The aim has to be win Ulster (or not win Ulster), get to the Super 8s, win a game in Croke Park, challenge for a semi final spot.

A profitable day for me and I gave that ticket away to a Monaghan lad outside the grounds.

Summer has begun.

20 Likes

Didnā€™t Limerick do something similar like that before with Cian Lynch in a warm-up with the senior team while he was still a minor so he could practice frees?

Harte and Donnelly are elite players.

McCann, Cavanagh and Sludden are in the tier below that.

They donā€™t have special forwards and their forwards are small. Mayo donā€™t have have special forwards either but they have a system to get the best out of what they have. But even Mayo have Andy Moran, and Tyrone have nobody like him.

They arenā€™t focussed on because they havenā€™t won a game in Croke Park in the last 8, simple as. They have a really good core of players and arguably the best forward in the game in McManus, but theyā€™ve always underperformed when it comes to the real business - 2007 remains the closest theyā€™ve come to making a semi-final with any of these players.

I think you predicted that Fintan Kelly would get the first score yes?
The McManus wonder point was even better in real life because it was curling the wrong way so his angle was just outrageous, like paper thin. Dessie Moneā€™s score was perfect too.
Should have beat those cunts by more though.
I think Monaghanā€™s hard earned experience in Croke Park will stand to them this year.