2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

Pep has his way. He won’t change it. For good or bad that’s it. If sterling scores these conversations are different, probably. Small margins

City should be beyond such small margins

Why? They’ve been beyond the last 8 once in their history. Nobody has a divine right to be beyond anything

1 Like

Sterlings miss was shocking in fairness. Lyon went up the pitch then and got their goal to seal it.

Haven’t seen as clear a turning point in a game in a long time.

Pep can only do so much.

Fire up the UEFA Coefficient table if you have it handy there.

Do you not know how to use google?

The set up and investment hasn’t been well managed.

Don’t be so reactionary. They won a domestic treble the season before last, won a trophy this season. Liverpool were better. Don’t sweat it.

Bring back Mark Hughes

I’m not.

His treatment of Richie Dunne demands you take that back immediately

Pep has won the CL twice, the Spanish, English and German respective leagues a donkey load of times and you’ve the out of the woodwork edgelords here saying he can’t do it in the cups. Crazy stuff but sure if gets you a like.

Manchester City need to learn to play football with courage.

Funny the people defending pep are The ones calling out sir Alex Ferguson’s champions league record.

1 Like

How do their records compare?

1 Like

Pep is a great manager whose sides tend to play attractive football.

He generally has come into situations where he’s had very good footballers at his disposal, but you hardly expect him to be going into the Norwich or Cardiff jobs, for example?

I’m not sure, for example, if he would have worked building up a team (presuming the resources are there), like Klopp has done at Dortmund and Liverpool, but on the other hand, I don’t think Klopp would have done particularly well at Bayern or City either. Different mangers fit different clubs.

His European record at City has been a little underwhelming, particularly as it has been an era of near domestic dominance, bar this season.

I think he has one more year left on his contract? He might need to buy better defenders than Ake if he wants to win this thing.

It won’t happen, but this format for the Champions League from quarter finals on would be great every year. If they wanted to even turn it into a bigger tournament, and then end up with a last 32/last 16 etc, before going to do the one-off matches.

OGS’s Man Utd the last English team left in Europe.

2 Likes

Daragh Moloney looks terrible. He’ll be dead soon.

He clearly needs some purpose in his lockdown life. He should join TFK run challenge.

1 Like

Nobody wants to lose their mother says Damien duff.

1 Like