2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

Did Tommy just call Quinn the Irish Lewandoski?

1 Like

Look, you have to accept that he has some things that heā€™s very good as a manager.

Heā€™s very good at building extremely fluid and consistent teams in leagues. He can get great attacking players to reach their top performance levels in the league.

He canā€™t get his head around top-level knockout football.

Hes at clubs that demand European cups and hasnā€™t delivered since barca. Again that barca team would have won with my dog in charge, pure class

I think he deserves huge credit for what he did at Barca, it was a truly transcendent team who utterly dominated games against all comers and will be remembered as one of the all time great teams.

He has underwhelmed since though and deserves to be called out for it.

2 Likes

Messi, xavi, inestia and puyol all in their prime what more do you need to dominate. Only for them united would have 2 more European cups

City won the first ever domestic treble and broke all points records the season before last mate. Steady on

1 Like

Itā€™s a bad era for football.

They were a rabble when he took over with a squad full of egos. The football they played was of the highest quality and the likes of Xavi and Iniesta were not seen as world class players before pep became managers, he transformed them into world class players.

Giles and Dunphy would have had a right auld chuckle analysing this tonight.

1 Like

Yeah he didnā€™t just stumble onto a successful team at Barca, he was responsible for how they played which was fairly revolutionary at the time. But his record since is average at best.

I always like to give his doping background a mention too. He deserves to be called out for that far more often.

1 Like

Youā€™d be doing some bragging if every European final had been all-Italian last year.

1 Like

What he did was get rid of Ronaldinho and deco who were bad influences on the squad. He let eto go at the right time too but messi surely had greater influence then on decisions

Will Italy lose a team in the CL next year? France deserve an extra spot at their expense.

3 Likes

Youre underestimating how good Bayern Munich were domestically. They were probably the greatest Bundesliga team of all time, if you only count domestic performances.

I think Juventus will be starting off in the qualifying rounds against Dundalk or Bate Borisov.

Cup competitions are completely differentā€¦

Bayern were excellent in the Bundesliga and routinely steamrolled teams before coming unstuck in big champions league ties under him. They were an excellent team before he took the gig having contested the two previous champions league finals winning it in 2013 and have dominated since he left too.

Pep has won 10 cups

1 Like

I like Pepā€¦ itā€™s the gymnastics being done here on cup results Iā€™m laughing at.

A Champions League is hard won.