2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

Nice run of the draw last season for Bayern to get French sides in the semi final and final.

Iā€™d fancy one of the three remaining English sides to win it out this season.

1 Like

The La Liga looks to be in decline too although we will see .

Bayern failed to win 3 of the 4 European Cup finals in which they faced English opposition - Aston Villa 1982, Man U 1999, Chelsea 2012. The one they did win against Leeds in 1975, Leeds were blackguarded, possibly the victims of match fixing. Thereā€™s also that failure by Bayern to have never beaten Liverpool in the European Cup.

4 Likes

With the league won, Pep can manage his squad around this tournament. Only Bayern could match them in a two legged tie. Chelsea might do them in a final

Yes, thatā€™s what I thought. Liverpool prevailed on both occasions they were drawn against Bayern in the European Cup in 1981 and 2019. Went on to win it out both times too. The first leg in 1981 is one that stuck in the mind and I can remember quite well. The by-election in Fermanagh/South Tyrone the following day was the big news story of the day.

1 Like

Will there be an Italian player involved in the next round?

Liverpool vs Porto
Chelsea vs Dortmund
Bayern vs Man City
Real Madrid vs PSG

:crossed_fingers:

A Chelsea Man City final for me Andy

Irish football fan proudly boasting about the strength of the EPL, why the English jingoism?

5 Likes

Verrati at PSG.

1 Like

Emerson and Jorginho from Chelsea represent Italy

1 Like

Florenzi and Kean too.

It was considering he threw an elbow into the back of Savic before he got one back.

He did? Would have been an anatomical miracle from where he was standing from the bit I saw.
He had the Atleti players wound up to 90 for a change

Watch the replays, he slyly gives an elbow or dig into the back of Savic before getting it in return.

He was standing behind Savic. Stretch Armstrong wouldnā€™t manage an elbow from there.

Lads need to realise the game of football as we knew it is dead. Thereā€™s no repercussions for going down when thereā€™s the slightest bit of contact so logically you need to tell your players to go down with any bit of contact. Youā€™re costing your team if you donā€™t.

We post what we want.

1 Like

Whenā€™s the draw kid?