2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

As I say to someone who posts some common sense .

Do you really expect rational behaviour here ??

Yes. We were also blackguarded by the referee there when Schick had a pelanty not given.

As Roma don’t play in a Mickey Mouse league like the EPL, qualifying for the CL is a much more onerous task.

It would have been a mere consolation goal had it been given. You were unaware of the score at the time of the incident.

The Premier League has a far better European coefficient than Serie A😅

A mere consolation goal against a side down to 10 men, who were already gassing with 11 and had to face another 28 minutes plus injury time to hold out in a rocking Olimpico?

The referee saved Liverpool’s ass on multiple occasions that night.

The likes of Burnley and Sheffield United are barely Serie C level teams. The whole league is an utter joke.

You must have been watching a different match which would make sense as u were unaware of the actual score. The tie was over after 45 minutes. Any goal after that was a mere consolation.

I think you are suffering from more Liverpool revisionism. Just like Liverpool collapsed in the second half at Anfield, they did the same at the Olimpico but the referee saved their arses when they were teetering.

Liverpool outscored Roma in the second half at Anfield, not a collapse.

You don’t collapse at 5 nil, you get complacent. Being 3 up and losing is a collapse.

It was, they conceded the last two goals in the game and were absolutely gassed. The same happened at the Olimpico but they were saved by the referee.

Klopp got some good PEDs in last season and this season when Liverpool remarkably stopped fatiguing after their flat out pressing game with minimal injuries. :male_detective:

Not every team can rely on the referee to bail them out like Liverpool can.

It’s some mugging off. Liverpool thought they’d the tie won before the second game.

A great team would never be caught out like that.

1 Like

I certainly didn’t think Liverpool had the tie won before the 2nd leg anyway. Be strange thinking you had a tie won after a 1-0 defeat. Atletico are so dogged and teak tough that I felt it was a tougher tie than Barca last season. Atletico are a good team.

Everton would probably finish top 4 in Italy.

1 Like

Everton got utterly spanked by Atalanta in the Europa league a few years back and this was before Atalanta were anywhere near as good as they are now.

Liverpool were dominated by a struggling Napoli this year.

When did an Italian team last win a European title? England had a clean sweep last season.

England has 6 teams.

That’s it.

The league is an utter joke, I wouldn’t expect a footix to understand.

Man City beat Atalanta 5-1 this season, they drew 1-1 in Italy and Kyle Walker had to go in goals for a while

Italy has 1 team.