2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

Atletico always tend to raise their game against superior opposition but struggle to break down teams you’d expect them to beat. For example PSV took them to pens in 2016, Atletico then knocked Barca and Pep’s Bayern’s out.

1 Like

I thought a team managed by Simone only ever lost a knock out game to a team containing Ronaldo ???

1 Like

Correct. They win a lot of games 1-0 though and usually scrape through against the likes of Leipzig. Leipzig would be a real handful if they still had Werner.

He has been so close to 2 European Cups with Atletico and let’s be honest he was awful unlucky. To lose on pens in one but in 2014 was the killer. It would have been a brilliant double and who knows how far their potential was at if they had defended one last corner against Real. A real bottlejob by the defenders who left Ramos unmarked.

I never knew analysing a game was deemed as being petty and hurt. Interesting

Dry your eyes, mate. The hurt is palpable.

1 Like

I’d fancy Barcelona to win tonight. Think messi will put on a clinic. Have a feeling Bayern are a little overrated and maybe a second run after a good long break could catch them.

A real pity for Bayern that Leroy Sane isn’t available. I’d give Bayern a hesitant vote by 2-1 but Messi has torn them apart in the past.

Is Boateng playing?

Just with Ronaldo gone and maybe pep waiting in the final I think it’ll inspire messi.

It’s not really a pity or a loss given he had yet to play for them yet so not a huge loss in that regard. They have plenty of depth in that area and Coman to come on as an impact sub as is

1 Like

Surely Bayern will destroy them?

Ever since Roma did them they have been shit

2 Likes

Messi isn’t a leader

2 Likes

Probably would have signed him last August but for his injury. Coman hasn’t really fulfilled his potential yet.

Boateng is playing. Barca will win by 3. The guy is a liability

Stephen Kelly is a shocking co commentator

1 Like

Every time I watch bt it’s owen or mcmanaman

Kelly way better

2 Likes

Muller is some man for the big occasion in fairness.

1 Like

Red Rover