2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

I strongly doubt the reason they got beat last night is because they got carried away by a victory 6 months ago. They just aren’t that good anymore

Yeah, fair.

They’re still a much stronger side than Leipzig I feel and should be progressing further. They showed it against Liverpool they’re a seriously tough team to play against and didn’t show that at all last night

If there was a second leg Atletico would have qualified. They have proven themselves not to be much good in a one off match in the Champions League previously.

They’re of a very similar level to Leipzig I think and they got beat by a badly deflected goal in the last few minutes

They were overrated on the basis of beating a very average Liverpool team.

Liverpool took the dive.

Upemecano was the difference there last night. Made a holy show of Diego Costa and Morata. Cholo kept playing direct balls in and around him, which was highly fucking stupid. He was immense.

Athletico didnt look like creating anything until Felix came on. He needs to get away from Sineone. He wouldnt know how to use him

2 Likes

Cholo is the best defensive coach in the world and has been for a few years but on the off chance his team go down 1-0 he doesn’t know how to react at all.

He did come back at Anfield and that was brilliant resilience by the players but that was down to Adrian’s mistake, they were creating feac.

A howler from Adrian… up to that point madrid had 3 attempts, all off target, to Liverpool’s 30, 10 of which were on target … it was the most one sided game i’ve ever seen yet that’s the beauty of football… Few lads here were badly shown up tipping them to do well.

Without that howler from Adrian, we would have seen it out but as you said that’s football. Fair play to Llorente in fairness he still had a lot to do, a cracking finish.

T’was a sickener after playing so well and working so hard to get our noses in front.

tenor (3)

2 Likes

:rofl:

5 mins… i’m good, really good.

Which out of the Italian sides left do you think have the best chance of winning it out?

An awful week for the pretend Italian crew - their league embarrassed and their other team were embarrassed last night… go easy on them.

3 Likes

I don’t know.

I think Bayern are the side to beat but we’ll see tonight, you can’t really read too much into how they spanked poor EPL sides like Spuds and Chelsea so far.

Their other team, Watford, got relegated too so it’s been very very rough

How come @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy hasn’t liked that gif of the crying baby yet?

Edit: he has now

Oooffftttt

1 Like

He’s out driving the 1k to the local shop to pick up a packet of ham for his lunch.

1 Like

A lot of hurt spilling out from the murderers here. 6 months of anguish being released.

1 Like