2019 LOI season premier division- #thegreatestleagueintheworld

100%
you’d need your head examined to leave any secure job and take up full time a position with a LOI club as a manager or a player… there simply is not enough money in the game to offer any form of security.
any wonder fellas like Dave Macmillan of the Macmillan brother cc @Bandage work part time as an architect when playing Europa League with Dk or SPL with Hamiliton Academical- you see a fella now like Shane Supple who was with the BSC there in goals via ipswich and in various ireland squads but retired last season due to injury, he’s out there on twitter now as a recruitment consultant looking for lads to work in a warehouse or something - ok i know he has eir sport that will give him 150 or 200 quid an evening but , christ

Neil/Neale Fenn will get it.

great call actually

1 Like

Don’t think he has the badges needed.

Yeah but he’s linked

AFAIK he does, could be v wrong though,heard his name being mentioned last few weeks

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/waterford-boss-reynolds-on-corks-radar-as-caulfield-exits-38070990.html

Colin would be a great appointment, a top top fella would have massive public support, he’ll want to test himself and there’s not much more he can do at FAI level, he’s a serious competitor

worrying stories about Jack Byrne

Been an issue for a good while I believe “off the field lifestyle issues”

That’s how he ended up with Rovers in the first place sure. Pity thought he might have turned a corner

Can imagine his hangers on around him and their lifestyle choices.

St Pats entertain Waterford Utd/FC/Rovers (or whatever they call themselves now) tomorrow.
I expect no hard feelings from the blues now that Super Saints have taken the final Europa League spot for the league.

Bohs look a good price at home to Cork @ 21/20

Bookies must be expecting a bounce from Cork with Caulfield gone, but Bohs are a strong side, it’s not that easy.

What you reckon @mickee321?

Waherfurd will be well up for Pats given all that’s happened lately. Not much between the sides. 7/2 looks interesting the only caveat is Waterford have been gank away from home.

UCD an interesting price as well @ 9/5. They’ve to travel to Harps which is a nice trek of a Friday, but Harps have been very poor so far this season, while UCD have shown glimpses and will be really targeting this one you’d imagine.

I’ve a small accum on Bohs, Dundalk & Rovers which pays just shy of 5’s which is a very fair price given the three are a cut above the rest.

And two small bets on UCD & Waterford as well.

I think what bohs are doing is a miracle @Julio_Geordio as a part time side. .there was a great interview there on Rte I think with their skipper Pender . This lad works full time in aib with a young family and plays loi premier in basically his spare time…he rarely does the ridiculous Monday games apart from rovers where he finished up in the bank at half 4 and went to the ground after work.
What I am getting it is that I unfortunately can’t really back them against a full time side as there literally are too many variables against them. …they are playing better than cork who are abject but cork in a game like that will always simply have better prep and resources. .for that reason it’s so hard to back bohs

I backed waterford to beat pats but I feel waterford seem to have lost interest post that farcical Europa League situation and are playing way below their level really. .they are better than pats tho

3 Likes

Cork take the lead against Bohs.

0-0 at the Stadium of Light.
Pats with more possession but Waterford had the best chance.
Pleasant enough game.

What would the top lads at Cark/Dundalk/Rovers be on a week?

Waterford lead 2-0
Former Bohs stalwart Akinade scores the first
2 well taken goals to be fair
Waterford fans singing
“You can stick your fucking Europe up your hole”