2019 Roland Garros

The ratio would suggest temperament issues.

Rafa through in 1hr 50 mins.

2 break points for Federer here.

Federer breaks and serves for the match.

Federer double faults on match point.

Federer through in 4.

He now has to face the reason he has pulled out of the last few French Opens. Rafa will make mincemeat out of him.

The Old Man has only gone and made the semi final. Tennis hasn’t seen the like of this since Jimmy Connors reached the semi finals of the US Open in 1991 the week he turned 39. Mind you, it hasn’t been the most taxing of runs. Four unseeded bums in the first four rounds, a great player in Wawrinka in the quarter final, but Wawrinka a diminished 34 year old veteran now, who’s had an injury plagued couple of years and had 5 hours on court on Sunday.

If Wawrinka is now a washed up 34 year old, what the fuck is Nishikori?

Correct me if i am wrong but didn’t nadal pull out when he was due to face Djokovic a couple of years ago. Is he going to do the same move again if he and Djokovic make the final?

Correct. Nadal got hammered in straight sets by Djokovic in 2015 quarter final at Roland Garros. Nadal bottled it and pulled out in 2016 to presumably avoid meeting Djokovic again. Nadal has a long history of bottling it. Quit twice on his chair last year in Grand Slams, to Cilic in Australia and Del Porto at US Open.

Nope.

Novak the GOAT will walk this

Are you sure or is this you not applying the same rules to Nadal as you do to others? Same as we see in every thread, your nothing but a joke now with your double standards.

I wouldn’t back against him. The only thing is that Nadal has the organisers in his pocket and he will use any underhand way to get an adavntage over Djokovic like he did the year he moaned and complained about a little drizzle till they stopped the match when Djokovic was on top so that Nadal could come back the next day.

I predict a Nadal Thiem final.

Djokovic said stopping the game was the right decision.

Thiem is the only man that can stop Nadal on clay that is left in the tournament for me.

It’s three years since Djokovic last defeated Nadal on clay.

Zverev has a fairly flaky tournament so far, I think Djokovic should come through in straight sets.

Thiem should account for the big Russian.

Thiem Djokovic could be an absolute cracker, they are 3-2 Djokovic on clay and 1-1 at Roland Garros.

His game on clay is getting very, very close to Rafa and this could well be his year. He is going nicely in under the radar, it’s all set up for him to shock Djokovic in the semi but having to follow that up with a win against Rafa is a tall order.

1 Like

Roger will be in bits after today. Nearly 3 and a half hours on court is not good for a near 38 year old. That’ll take a long time to get over at that age. Fair enough, he’s on a last full lap of the circuit this year saying goodbye to all his adoring fans but this can’t be good for his prospects for the Championship where he might still have a shot (albeit an outside chance) of winning a 9th title.

Do you mean a 37 year old?

There were 5 aces in the Roland Garros quarter final today between Nadal and Nishikori compared to the 102 aces in one of the Wimbledon semi finals last year.

1 Like

Is there any better sight in Tennis that seeing the lush green lawns of Wimbledon. One month to go. :slight_smile:

1 Like