2020/2021 Champions League Round Of Eight (Quarter Finals)

And he hasn’t won a European title since

He’s suited to dominating in leagues not knockout European ties

Yet you still threw €50 on them in-running :smile:

6 Likes

I’d say you could count on one hand the amount of away champions league knockout ties pep won with Barca during his time there.

1 Like

Manchester City have lost every time (5 in total) that they’ve faced English opposition in European competition.

He’s the association football equivalent of a TG4 manager

I think pep is trying to reinvent the wheel for 5 seasons now and has lost sight of actually winning trophies.

Conversely, Tottenham have won every all-English tie they’ve played in Europe.

1 Like

By my count he has won 3, against Shaktar, Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen.

I have a hunch that the most of the all England ties in the CL era have gone against league placings . Is this so ?

1 Like

Who did he rest tonight? He started the same front 3 against Liverpool away and United this season, presumably he thinks there is less chance of them being caught on a counter that way.
City have a huge task to qualify now anyway, Spurs are solid at the back and usually work a few dangerous set pieces.

Surely a few v arsenal

De bruyne, sane and kompany

Checked there and I dont think so. A draw and a defeat at the Emirates.

To be fair to Mr Pep, you can also count on one hand the managers who have won more European Cups/Champions Leagues than him

1 Like

Often so.

Liverpool v Forest 1979, Arsenal v Chelsea 2004, Liverpool v Chelsea 2005 and 2007 and Liverpool v Man City 2018 obvious examples.

Probably Liverpool v Arsenal 2008 as well though Arsenal had started to fall out of league contention by April after being top at the start of March.

Sane doesn’t get selected in them type games and Kompany is finished.

A classic case of heart overruling head.

Kilbane is correct there that Ederson should have saved that shot by Son.

Another Guardiola mistake not taking him off.

Spurs have real pedigree in Europe.

You got excited when Harry limped off, don’t be ashamed to admit it.