2020/2021 Champions League Round Of Eight (Quarter Finals)

Twice?

Would love it to go back to that as a spectacle to watch with regards to entertainment. There is arguments for both really too.

Good points though.

1 Like

And the one he was called offside but wasn’t. How many times would a team normally get a fella a run in behind in a half?

Against that high line, god knows how many times KDB would get him in.

Watch the amount of times Neymar or Di Maria miss a through ball to him, when he isolated on Boateng or out wide by taking an extra touch

Theres one by Neymar

He will light up Anfield

2 Likes

The defending is abysmal

Remember their was a trend where every John W. Henry tweet would be overloaded with sign Reus comments😅 We’ve evolved to Mbappe now.

Football is a much better game now than it was 15 years ago. CL latter stages being stunk out by Mourinho and Rafa back then

1 Like

Oh neymar. He’s absolute made muppets out of two of them.

1 Like

That was terrible defending by Davies at the back post

The defending is terrible nowadays.

Ah I dunno.

Inter going to the Nou Camp and parking the bus was iconic.

1 Like

I think football was its peak in 1998, that world cup, but I’m probably looking at it nostaglically.

Think it was a slight bit more open back then. The likes of a Valencia, PSV or a Porto could take the competition by storm.

2009-2017 or so was the peak in terms of quality

1 Like

Sure simeone is doing it now

Ah that was unreal by Di Maria. Davis is class man. Quality players showing amazing skill can be hard to stop, doesn’t mean the defender is bad

Davies is class and so is Di Maria but that was still terrible defending

Coman would frustrate the fuck out of you

And they’ve been getting nowhere in Europe the last few years