2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

Well they should, they only need to win 4 games and the only known opposition of those 4 games is a Div 4 side they have hammered the last two years. They will never, ever have an easier path again to winning an All Ireland.

How is there quarter finals is in not just pre 2001 straight knock out??

Open draw
Open draw
Open draw

:pensive:

An easy run in the province can be a curse though when things get serious. I remember Tyrone winning Ulster in 2017, they won every game by a minimum of 8 points and then played another woeful Ulster team in the quarter final, winning by 18 points. It was probably the handiest run an Ulster team ever had to the final four. First proper team they met was Dublin in the semifinal, contest was over after 10 minutes with Dublin winning by 12.

1 Like

Provincial finals are de facto last 8 games.

Tell that to a team who are facing a do or die game against a serious contender in the first round which they would rather have.

But sure no serious contender has a do or die game in the first round?

They do.

2018 runners up Tyrone and 2014 runners up Donegal, do or die, first round.

Both teams are one of only 4 counties who have made the super 8s in the past two seasons.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy your obsession with Galway is frightening… Galway are living rent free in your head now for a long time… The mention of Galway and your hoping like a sausage in a frying pan…

You haven’t been the same since Galway handed Tyrone a 21 point beating below in Tuam stadium

1 Like

Ah that’s given me a right laugh, serious contenders indeed.

Mayo will beat Galway if they get that far. Roscommon in the Hyde a bigger threat to Mayo imo.

More serious than a county who have not won a knockout football Championship game at Croke Park in nearly 20 years.

I’m just stating the fact that Galway have a golden ticket to an All Ireland this year. They only need to win 4 matches and the first of those is against a Div 4 side that they have hammered by 13 and 21 points in the past two seasons.

Why are you worried about having such a simple draw?

Ah right

Kerry and Cork meet in the Munster semi this year?

That could be interesting, is it in Cork or Killarney.

Can you go away, get your story straight and come back with another go.

No, they are on the same side of the draw. Due to meet in the provincial semi final.

EDIT - misread your post.

Where are you getting I’m worried…

Rent free…

It’s straight.

Galway won’t have a better chance to win an All Ireland than this year with the way the draw has gone for them. If they can’t win it this year, they certainly won’t winning it any other year.

So you are very confident of winning the All Ireland this year?