2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

How.many adults play hurling in Dublin

Fuck all

TNH

Ya you’d hear that the yummy mummies seem to love a bit off gaa nowadays in south Dublin. I’d say some of those big clubs In the south make some money off selling coffees to the mothers every weekend.

Some entrepreneur needs to bring out GAA branded dry robes for the WFH 40ft crew.

Another lazy David McWilliams generalization.

We had our AGM last night - larger clubs in Dublin are now run as small to medium sized enterprises on a voluntary basis.

2 Likes

How much do Kilmacud make out the 7s each year ??

Hurling, along with Gaelscoils is a fairly aspirational thing in Dublin. The South side Gaelscoils like Colaiste Eoin are seen as a way that you can get as good an education as the Blackrock boys without surrendering to their bullshit. Hurling goes along with that “vision”. Also the Tipp / Kilkenny / Cork / Waterford / Wexford professional classes of people that moved into the city mostly moved into the southside because it was closer and those folks had decent jobs so it was affordable for a few decades.

Gaelic football in Dublin is a genuine working class sport with massively strong grassroots. The Northside is a lot more working class than the Southside.

1 Like

hurling isnt in the top 20 sports in Dublin mate , more people play basketball

I know a tiny number of northsiders who play it. I know some people who are very serious about hurling but they all went to gaelscoils and their parents aren’t Dubs.

It’s sort of mad if you think that basketball is basically just banned indefinitely now and as I understand it thr hurlers are getting special treatment. Yes basketball is a big sport.

These sold out in no time. They were only stocked this morning.

1 Like

Still available on O’Neills

1 Like

Oooft. That has to sting @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and his lawn tennis pals.

im from Fingal, he is talking about Dublin I think

1 Like

Would you be coughing up much to pay for lads to manage/coach your first team in both codes or is it internal lads doing it for free ?

1 Like

That’s great to see …wonder did something happen for them to move in this direction …

id be wary of any GGA club that is a “dual” club and excludes rounders and tug o war

5 Likes

A new chairman that has a unique view on things.
One application received and they’ve since withdrawn. Next year will be fun.